A free or low cost alternative to RollBack Rx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
For me this software is too much atractive but for me is too expensive i like to know if have free or similar alternatives i have a licence of Xeroweigth AX64 time machine and know sysrestore but i think they are abadonware.

Reactions: vtqhtr413

JHomes

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2016
Rollback Rx has two versions, Pro ($70-ish) and Home (Free). You can use the Home Edition. It's not as feature rich, but will do the basic function. Here's a comparison page they have which details the differences. You can also get Rollback Rx Pro on sale. Usually in the Fall HDS has a few sales for the Pro Edition (usually 50% off)

Reactions: vtqhtr413

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
I have one licence of AX64 renamed Xeroweigth anyone use it. I dont know about rollback home i will try it

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
i have another cuestion ¿What exactly does rollback rx and reboot rx? for me that software are the same thing

I

illumination

For me this software is too much atractive but for me is too expensive i like to know if have free or similar alternatives i have a licence of Xeroweigth AX64 time machine and know sysrestore but i think they are abadonware.
Are you looking for just the snapshot feature for testing or rollback infections?

If so, another alternative although done slightly different would be Shadow Defender, which rollsback changes upon reboot, can have exclusions created although not recommended, better used as a on demand, it is cheap and a lifetime license.

Shadow Defender - the easiest PC/laptop security and privacy protection tool

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
I have shadow defender, but i like something who takes a snapshot or create a system image (ligthweigth) something like AX 64 because if i test something sometimes have to reboot to that program take efect for example if i install a security product i have to reboot and then if i dont like it i have to uninstall and shadow defender will delete this product in every reboot. Sorry bad english and terrible grammar

I

illumination

I have shadow defender, but i like something who takes a snapshot or create a system image (ligthweigth) something like AX 64 because if i test something sometimes have to reboot to that program take efect for example if i install a security product i have to reboot and then if i dont like it i have to uninstall and shadow defender will delete this product in every reboot. Sorry bad english and terrible grammar
No worries understand you quite well, have you given thought to using a virtual machine for this, virtual box is free and easy to set up for light application testing and allowing you to restart the OS for applications. It is what I have used on one system for application/update testing before applying to the host... I utilize Shadow Defender on the other system for kids education/teaching...

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
¿What exactly does rollback rx and reboot rx? for me that software are the same thing
Rollback rx restores your PC to the previous state, when you want to, most likely never, unless you encounter some problem.

Reboot rx does it every reboot. It is like VM or live OS, you run it and after restart you start fresh. In theory, it is 100% effective against malware. It is mostly meant for public computers, like internet cafe, so the provider does not have to deal with bloatware or changed settings.

I

illumination

Is courious but for some reazon virtualbox is heavy on my system i dont know why, because i use it for gamming
VB itself is heavy on the Host or your guest machines you are creating seem sluggish?
I would need details to narrow that down, such as your system hardware configuration and what you are allocating to the guest machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.