Battle A Light and Free Antivirus for Gaming Computer?

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
For paid I'd suggest ESET or F-Secure.
For free I would suggest AVG or in-built Windows Defender (if you're on Windows 10).
F- secure on my system is realy heavy . ESET is top. AVG is very light but after Evjl's Rain tweaks.
AVG I have now on my system :sneaky: :giggle:

Last edited:

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
F- secure on my system is realy heavy . ESET is top. AVG is very light but after Evjl's Rain tweaks.
View attachment 216112

How does AVG behave? Haven't tried it since like 2011.

For free products, I'd recommend stick with WD + ConfigureDefender (AndyFul). Else you can go with Kaspersky Free (only if you pair it with an anti-exe like VS or a good complement like H_C).

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
How does AVG behave? Haven't tried it since like 2011.

For free products, I'd recommend stick with WD + ConfigureDefender (AndyFul). Else you can go with Kaspersky Free (only if you pair it with an anti-exe like VS or a good complement like H_C).
It's a lighter version of Avast. More light from WD and KFA.Perfect web filter and very good protection after tweaks. And have medium hardened mode.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Thanks to all. What do you think about KIS? Is Is the best suite correct ?
short answer: yes

However, I think Kaspersky free or kaspersky security cloud free is enough. You don't need KIS if you don't utilize all modules
you can do some little tweak to make it lighter
I'm using Kaspersky free 2019 with tweaks on 1 of my cheap gaming laptops

permar4

Level 1
Verified
Jul 23, 2017
View attachment 216112

that configuration is avast, although the last time I looked it was very similar to AVG UI, I guess most of those image options are in AVG as well.

I wonder if things that compromise security such as delaying the load of services is noticeable when it comes to lightening the system, I currently use kaspersky security cloud, people say it is light, but I notice something heavy, however the protection I consider it very good.

But I was thinking if it would be a good idea to change it to AVG with that configuration, maybe I would lose protection but gain some performance.

Avast was also an option that I raised, but in the end AVG is practically the same with less advertising and " scams ", on ip visible etc etc etc.

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
that configuration is avast, although the last time I looked it was very similar to AVG UI, I guess most of those image options are in AVG as well.

I wonder if things that compromise security such as delaying the load of services is noticeable when it comes to lightening the system, I currently use kaspersky security cloud, people say it is light, but I notice something heavy, however the protection I consider it very good.

But I was thinking if it would be a good idea to change it to AVG with that configuration, maybe I would lose protec

But I was thinking if it would be a good idea to change it to AVG with that configuration, maybe I would lose protection but gain some performance.

Avast was also an option that I raised, but in the end AVG is practically the same with less advertising and " scams ", on ip visible etc etc etc.
Is the same. The only have not the AVG is the agresive hardened mode. Is medium. Ads you can block with the firewall. AVGUI.exe

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Easy, use Eset.
I fully agree, I feel they work really hard to keep the product light, I've always had a soft spot fort ESET as NOD32 was some years ago the first decent AV there was around. Hopefully the latest tweaks will improve the not as good as some on detection but it still aint bad regardless. I install it on friends creaking PC's & I have yet to have any frantic calls since I've done this. Money of mine on ESET :emoji_innocent:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.