Advice Request A list of Open Source security software for Windows

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Yes but I don't want that a security software collect personal data for making money (like google) !
Everyone needs to make money one way or the other. Nothing is free and for sure open source doesn't mean good.

T

TheSuperGeek

Thread author
Everyone needs to make money one way or the other. Nothing is free and for sure open source doesn't mean good.
Yes but if you look at OpenSources OS, you can see that privacy is better ! (exept ubuntu)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@TheSuperGeek, Immunet is not an open source program since its owned by Cisco.

--------------------------------------------------

For the OP, Clamwin is the only well known program that you can find so far under on that category.

Privacy can be your dilemma however you need to think practical, on what are the misconception and use the product as your benefits. :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Permission-based Apps on Mobile and Extensions on Modern Browsers are better for privacy, if you want to see what they can access it is displayed before you install.

Desktop apps can access anything and everything.

Yes but I don't want that a security software collect personal data for making money (like google) !
Google doesn't provide a standalone security solution for Windows.

T

TheSuperGeek

Thread author
Google doesn't provide a standalone security solution for Windows.
Yes but it's the better example of : "I give you free services if you give me all your data" !

So, i learn that the is not a lot of Protection software that are opensource on windows. Thanks all for answers !

Reactions: kev216

Reethu

Level 1
Verified
Oct 15, 2014

I'm not sure if people do understand what privacy means anymore. Privacy paranoia is so prevalent these days, that the best way to get the most privacy is not to even use internet.

I've been using Google Search for years just like over 1 billion other people in the world. And I don't really think if something bad has ever happened to them or me since 1997, by using it. :rolleyes:So I don't really get the point when people say I don't trust Google because of it's privacy. :oops:

Last edited:
Reactions: dJim and kev216
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.