Solved A little PC problem I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

computerfan21

Thread author
Apr 18, 2011
I have a problem with a computer of mine that it will not boot Windows,or Linux,all the Linux distros I have tried have not worked,all the Windows versions I have tried have not worked,they all shut off at the Boot screen except for XP which works til 35 minutes left in the install.But there is a weird thing that OS X works on this computer,I was wondering if anyone could help me with this problem, and this computer is not a Mac.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Did you tweak something before actually happened at all? So you mean all Windows version came with black screen at the boot up and there is no boot up screen for Windows right?

Upvote 0

computerfan21

Thread author
Apr 18, 2011
jamescv7 said:
DId you tweak something before actually happened at all? So you mean all Windows version came with black screen at the bootup. There is no bootup screen for Windows right?

I can't boot Windows off the CD at all or even install, same goes for Linux. When boot hit the boot screen off the CD they just shut off the PC. I got this PC for free I was wondering if there is anything I could do for it.

Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well probably something hardware issue on that PC, just wait for other members to give you some solution for that.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 178

reset the bios to default and try again. you said you can launch Mac OS, so try to wipe the HDD from it or you can download Ultimate Boot CD and use the tool call DBAN

link: http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/dban.html

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.