Hot Take A new mpv-based media player

Media players and editors
21 Replies 2,683 Views

Parkinsond

Level 67
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Modern Windows media player powered by mpv and WinUI.

1788805692159.png

 
It's not very user-friendly and its no MusicBee,
Give Screenbox a try, you might just love it.
 
Give Screenbox a try, you might just love it.

I just watched a YouTube comparison video of my favorite, VLC compared to Screenbox...I may be the one giving it a try ;) :)

VLC-based one.

Yep, that's what it sounded like from the link description :)
Screenbox supports a wide range of file formats and codecs. Play almost any media type without additional add-ons. Powered by LibVLC, Screenbox combines all the best of VLC media player and modern Windows app capabilities. Advanced playback options are available using VLC command-line arguments.
 
Trying to revamp the old players such as mpv and vlc with a more modern UI.

Exactly what it is my friend, but, in just doing a quick review in Windows Sandbox, it, Screenbox is missing the ability that I love in VLC, and that is in being able to customize the Toolbars/Controllers, especially in full screen mode (unless I missed it). It's like the nice option we have in customizing the FF toolbar.

Screenshot 2026-09-07 193904.png
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top