Video A Quick Test of SuperAntiSpyware Pro

HarborFront

Level 40
Content Creator
Was it a ransomware that caused the files to be encrypted? If yes, then

SUPERAntiSpyware did not claim it can protect against ransomware. From its website

• Detect and Remove Spyware, Adware and Remove Malware, Trojans, Dialers, Worms, KeyLoggers, HiJackers, Parasites, Rootkits, Rogue Security Products and many other types of threats.
SUPERAntiSpyware | Remove Malware | Remove Spyware - AntiMalware, AntiSpyware, AntiAdware!

I'm not surprise if SAS cannot detect the CCleaner malware. If bigger companies out there cannot detect it what you expect of SAS?

Last edited:

XhenEd

Level 27
Content Creator
Trusted
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Default-Deny
Was it a ransomware that caused the files to be encrypted? If yes, then

SUPERAntiSpyware did not claim it can protect against ransomware. From its website

• Detect and Remove Spyware, Adware and Remove Malware, Trojans, Dialers, Worms, KeyLoggers, HiJackers, Parasites, Rootkits, Rogue Security Products and many other types of threats.
SUPERAntiSpyware | Remove Malware | Remove Spyware - AntiMalware, AntiSpyware, AntiAdware!

I'm not surprise if SAS cannot detect the CCleaner malware. If bigger companies out there cannot detect it what you expect of SAS?
Ransomware is a trojan type of malware. Besides, it states "and many other types of threats." :)

But maybe you're right, that it doesn't protect against ransomware. :)

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Emsisoft
SuperAntiSpyware?

Once upon a time, it used to be a good product.
Not anymore...
True, and same can be said about Malwarebytes, Spybot etc. There used to be a time when the main AVs didn't offer spyware/adware protection; so these software grew in popularity; Windows Defender itself started as an antispyware program, too. Nowadays most of them are obsolete.

Edit: SAS GUI is also ugly, like it has stopped in time.

Last edited:
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Norton
My two cents --- do not pay for this software! Period.

SAS is ok for tracking cookies, but anything beyond that I wouldn't trust it to pick stuff up. I will admit I use it time to time to get a boat load of adware/tracking cookies off a computer. I use the free version of it to get this job done. However, this software while still out there and still collecting money from people isn't great at all. Great for a one time cleanout of tracking cookies and great that they have a free version. At the very most if people (crazy that they would) wanted to use this software go with the free version. Click on update once a day and your good. Use the quick scan once a day to get easy tracking cookies and your good. There are far better anti-virus software on the market that does a far better job. Personally, I'd recommend just about anything over SAS.

Again just my two-cents. Good for cookies and thats about all.

Forgot your password?