App Review A QuickHeal Internet Security test

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

cruelsister

Level 42
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Although QuickHeal did very well in this test, outperforming previously tested products in both legacy detection's and mechanistic detection's; obviously, a broader test will be needed to confirm the results.

For those that may want to do such testing, one important thing must be kept in mind- QH will allow both persistence as well letting a parent process remain in memory even though any spawn and/or malicious actions are prevented. So if you happen to see any future QH videos with stuff running in memory after reboot, make sure that the reviewer verifies that the malware is actually active (Downloaders downloading, Keyloggers keylogging, Ransomware ransoming, etc).

And my one real complaint about QuickHeal is that they haven't included a Startup Manager along with the plethora of other modules included. The need for such protection alerts would yield a cleaner testing result as any persistence routines would be detected and blocked.

(ps- I contacted QH about a few things and never heard back from them)

Mohan Rajan

Level 2
Verified
May 7, 2016
QH is a product I have used in the past and would not recommend it.
Reasons are 1. the support is pathetic. installed a trial version and after i purchased a 3 year license, I found that i had to uninstall the trial version before proceeding to install the licensed version.
Fine but the issue is that I could not activate the paid version as the uninstalled left registry keys of the trial version.
To add to the problem, their tech support is unhelpful, arrogant, unprofessional and pathetic.
Needless to say I junked QH and went to KIS.
Avoid QH if you value your money, time and peace of mind.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Reasons are 1. the support is pathetic. installed a trial version and after i purchased a 3 year license, I found that i had to uninstall the trial version before proceeding to install the licensed version.
Fine but the issue is that I could not activate the paid version as the uninstalled left registry keys of the trial version.
To add to the problem, their tech support is unhelpful, arrogant, unprofessional and pathetic.
Did they give you back the money?

Mohan Rajan

Level 2
Verified
May 7, 2016
Did they give you back the money?
They did not. and to add insult to injury, I had to reformat my pc to remove all traces of the useless [edited]
As the company is from a country where lot of pirating takes place they seem to think all users are potential pirates.
I will not use that piece of crapware if my life depended on it.

Last edited by a moderator:

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
They did not. and to add insult to injury, I had to reformat my pc to remove all traces of the useless piece of sh**
As the company is from a country where lot of pirating takes place they seem to think all users are potential pirates.
I will not use that piece of crapware if my life depended on it.
Then it's a piece of crap and none should use it. Thanks and will keep it in mind.

ravi prakash saini

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 22, 2015
I have more than 100 systems (XP to Windows 10) in my office with quick heal total security and my opinion window defender and windows firewall is miles ahead of quick heal.There strategy is very simple just flag the auto run file in any usb drive malicious,forcing user to think that it is superior to other products

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014

Never heard off having to uninstall the trial version before entering the product key ? What a nightmare.:mad:

Thanks for the headsup.

Regards Eck:)

cruelsister

Level 42
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
As I stated in the video, I was also not impressed at all by previous QuickHeal builds. The one used here is Version 17 which was released in October. products can improve greatly and I think this is what we are seeing here.

Ravi- The USB protection can be turned off if you need to do so, which I had to do. When I was attempting to transfer malware onto the system QH was very effective in detecting and deleting automatically the USB malware and leaving various non malicious files alone. In my case i had to shut off the protection and restore the malware from quarantine, and this procedure worked well.

About registering the software- QH looks like any other software in this regard- You can add a license key quite easily without having to uninstall anything.

Finally, in way of comparison note that the bulk of the malware was identical in the MB and QH videos- but the MB3 video was done 7 days AFTER the QH video was done (Dec 9 vs Dec 2).

D

Deleted member 2913

Its from my country & never liked it. Now, may have improved a lot as CS mentioned. Nowadays I see quite a few advertisement of it on TV, news papers, etc... too that were previously not there. And TV ads feature A list movie actor, youth oriented, senior people, Also sponsors some popular & big budget TV serials, etc... So Quick Heal is promoting it quite a lot & heavily & seems spending quite a lot on those.

I checked the website now. Product differentiation is good, AV Pro has all the core protection features including firewall, IS has safe banking, parental control, etc, TS has shredder, data protection, etc... BUT one thing I find strange, AV Pro web protection has malicious protection only, no phishing protection, this is weird, I dont know or remember any security suite with such web protection differentiation between AV & IS.

And its system requirements gives info on supported, etc...
It mention Anti-Rootkit is supported on 32 Bits OS only.

It has offline databases update And its huge app 650 MB.

This test was good. Some more tests would be good. Someone testing it on malware hub would be good. RejZoR testing its proactive would be good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mohan Rajan

Level 2
Verified
May 7, 2016
Its from my country & never liked it. Now, may have improved a lot as CS mentioned. Nowadays I see quite a few advertisement of it on TV, news papers, etc... too that were previously not there. And TV ads feature A list movie actor, youth oriented, senior people, Also sponsors some popular & big budget TV serials, etc... So Quick Heal is promoting it quite a lot & heavily & seems spending quite a lot on those.

I checked the website now. Product differentiation is good, AV Pro has all the core protection features including firewall, IS has safe banking, parental control, etc, TS has shredder, data protection, etc... BUT one thing I find strange, AV Pro web protection has malicious protection only, no phishing protection, this is weird, I dont know or remember any security suite with such web protection differentiation between AV & IS.

And its system requirements gives info on supported, etc...
It mention Anti-Rootkit is supported on 32 Bits OS only.

It has offline databases update And its huge app 650 MB.

This test was good. Some more tests would be good. Someone testing it on malware hub would be good. RejZoR testing its proactive would be good.
what you say may be true but my bitter experience and the availability of KIS has made me go to KIS

D

Deleted member 2913

On the basis of many VirusTotal scores that I have seen, it looks to me like QuickHeal is trying to become king of FPs.
If I am correct, VT uses highest settings & command line scanner of the products, products whitelist, other tech, etc that helps in reducing FPs, increasing detection doesn't come into play. So I guess we cannot base products detection, FPs, etc... on VT.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.