Abdelwahaab`s updated Config

Malware Maniac

Level 1
May 14, 2012
Real-time protection: Malwarebytes Antimalware
Do you have MBAM Pro?

You can NOT just rely on MBAM to remove viruses. It is not a replacement for an antivirus. It is highly recommended that you get an antivirus program like (These are free although you can get paid solutions if you prefer) Avast Free, AVG Free Ed., Avira Free Ed., Microsoft Security Essentials, Panda Cloud AV Free.

The reason why you can not just rely on MBAM is because Malwarebytes is a second opinion scanner and can work as a companion to other Antivirus programs. MBAM catches malware that other Antivirus companies typically miss.

Abdelwahaab said:
should i worry about Usb Protection because i was infected many times from those Devices?

Yes if you commonly get infected with those you should have a USB Scanner so you do not get infected as much.

Abdelwahaab

Thread author
Jul 17, 2012
Yes i have MBAM pro But , i choose my Realtime protection program due to How much it takes memory,i Preferred it thats the point or can i change it with EAM in Realtime

D

Deleted member 178

Why not EAM (main AV) + MBAM pro (companion) ? this is a very good combination. one of the best RT scanner + the best OD scanner

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
1. Disable Autoplay.

2. Install an Antivirus with realtime protection.
- Panda Cloud AV Free with Panda USB Vaccine (to replace BD USB Immuniser)
Panda-USB-Vaccine_1.png

OR
- Avira Free Antivirus (includes USB Protection)

3. Force Windows Explorer (explorer.exe) to run in SBIE.

You can reduce the risks without installing more software.

Why would you say your Security Risk is 'High'?

P

Plexx

I would leave MBAM as on demand scanner and use Emsisoft Emergency Kit on demand as well, but that is just me.

Abdelwahaab

Thread author
Jul 17, 2012
umbrapolaris said:
Why not EAM (main AV) + MBAM pro (companion) ? this is a very good combination. one of the best RT scanner + the best OD scanner

It was my Realtime But one Recommended to Remove one of them and work with only one so i remove EAM to Ondemand Scan option !

D

Deleted member 178

EAM should be your realtime because it includes features designed to protect you from 0-days malwares like the Behavior Blocker, MBAM is purely a companion AV and it is perfect for that.

Abdelwahaab

Thread author
Jul 17, 2012
tapoo said:
you can use AVG free, AVG free has USB scanner

Not love it i think its not agood realtime :dodgy:

Earth said:
1. Disable Autoplay.

2. Install an Antivirus with realtime protection.
- Panda Cloud AV Free with Panda USB Vaccine (to replace BD USB Immuniser)
Panda-USB-Vaccine_1.png

OR
- Avira Free Antivirus (includes USB Protection)

3. Force Windows Explorer (explorer.exe) to run in SBIE.

You can reduce the risks without installing more software.

Why would you say your Security Risk is 'High'?

High because of worms and malware comming from usb and i think there are infected Computers in my network ..

What about paid Antivirus programs wich have a usb Scanner i can buy one of them but its to important to me to be light one !

Biozfear said:
I would leave MBAM as on demand scanner and use Emsisoft Emergency Kit on demand as well, but that is just me.

i will move MBAM on demand as the Tips above

P

Plexx

ESET does have removal media scan. Not the cheapest but decent.
Between 60 to 100mb ram but its light. You can ask lovelyboy_lion, stranger etc.

Also ESET has web protection, so you could remove K9.

I used to run ESET with Panda URL Filter (toolbar removed). Then removed since I barely seen Panda kicking up.

D

Deleted member 178

just play with MBAM pro as companion RT. it uses 30+mb WS, not big for your config. and you will not lost a license. :D

P

Plexx

umbra and his licenses:p

Is MBAM that reliable in RT? most people say otherwise

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You could use Kingsoft AV 2012 (standalone or companion AV), it's free. Low memory usage too.
http://www.kingsoftsecurity.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=686
http://www.kingsoftsecurity.com/ (Direct download in link above)

It includes USB Defense, but I still recommend disabling Autoplay from within Windows.

vidjd.png

However, you should be protected it you utilise Sandboxie to maximum use, by running using Drop My Rights and forcing Windows Explorer to run sandboxed.

I'm not sure if you understand my english. :huh:

D

Deleted member 178

Earth said:
However, you should be protected it you utilise Sandboxie to maximum use, by running using Drop My Rights and forcing Windows Explorer to run sandboxed.

How you do that exactly Earth, (i mean what setting)?

P

Plexx

Drop My Rights I can understand but forcing Windows Explorer to be sanboxed, wouldn't certain services and processes be unable to run inside sandboxie?

I think Earth means:
1. In Sandboxie Control, use Sandbox > Create New Sandbox.
2. Right-click the new sandbox and choose one of:
a) Run Sandboxed > Run Windows Explorer
or
b) Run Sandboxed > Run Any Program and type explorer.exe

But I am not sure how can the above be forced. Sanboxie itself to me is still a Pandora Box. I'm like a 5 year old kid with a big bag of sweeties when it comes to Sandboxie

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.