Abels's Security Config

abels

Level 1
Thread author
Nov 26, 2015
My free, light and tough security config. I have used it more than 2 years ago without any infection.

Reactions: Logethica
D

Deleted member 178

comodo CA is not very useful if you have Avira. and i'm not sure CCAV can be used as companion AV.

D

Deleted member 178

I disabled Cloud Antivirus because I cause slow when open office file, I just have AutoSandbox Enabled.

so then, Approved by Staff

2s9jymOt.jpg

H

hjlbx

@abels

Wait for COMODO to release stand-alone Comodo Sandbox. Announced release for end of December.

Comodo Cloud Antivirus is OK I suppose. I have it installed on a test system. I'm not too sure about its limitations since Comodo releases no technical infos.

Like @Umbra points out, Cloud Antivirus is not going to add any significant security to your configuration, but the sandboxing will. (Have you tried Sandboxie Free ?)

abels

Level 1
Thread author
Nov 26, 2015
I prefer a silent AutoSandbox than Sandboxie. It's easier to config and manage than HIPS. So I'm waiting for Standalone Comodo Sandbox too.

Last edited:

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
Your configuration looks good as it is.
Sandboxie should take care of any threats that originate from online browsing. Otherwise, ESET NOD32 Antivirus is sure to pick them up and neutralize them.

Are you still considering the COMODO Standalone Sandbox that will be released by the end of this month?
Also I don't see Symantec Endpoint Protection mentioned anywhere in your config, although you mention it in some of your posts in this thread. Did you remove it? If so, was there any specific reason(s) and are you planning to replace it with an alternative?
Share with us the changes you've been making to you configuration so far, if you'd like. Your setup looks very intriguing, and I'm sure we'd all be interested to see how you've customized it so far. :p

All in all, great security config! There's nothing to add - all fields are covered and with good software. ;)

Reactions: Logethica and abels

abels

Level 1
Thread author
Nov 26, 2015
Hi, thank DracusNarcrym.:)
I have just replaced Symantec Endpoint Protection with ESET NOD32 because SEP SONAR and Download Insight didn't work well when I running some malwares. btw, NOD32 running very light and smooth on my system and its heuristics is better than SEP. :D.

I consider waiting for Comodo Standalone Sandbox. Comodo Sandbox of Comodo Cloud Antivirus beta is too simple, it is not enough to run my browser. I replaced Comodo Cloud Antivirus Beta with Sandboxie. It work great till now.

I have a licensed of NVT ERP but I more prefer a good auto sandbox or a light anti-executable combine with virustotal check.:(

In the past, I ran combine Avira with Comodo Firewall but Comodo Firewall HIPS is too talktive. I think my common sense with a silent setup like the current is enough and easy to config. :D.

Last edited:

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
@abels, a great amount of time has passed since I'd first checked "follow thread" as it may have been far too late (& I, much too sleeply) to post anything intelligible. Thanks to Thunderbold I have found this, your thread again which I hope you'll return to update someday soon.:)

At the time of your last post, you were enjoying a light configuration for your system. Since you also rely on VirusTotal scans, another light & free alternative to NVT ERP, and one you might consider adding for your light configuration, does also incorporate VT scans, and it's called
VoodooShield™ - The User-Friendly Toggling Computer Lock.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.