About Qihoo's QVM AI Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wave

This does seem to me like a good place to hide malware, honestly. Each project contains executables, and it seems like an easy place to drop something. By default it all goes in the user Documents folder, and a phoney project could easily be dropped there without proper monitoring. I think the best posture on this software is the same posture applied to every other security software. Find what works for you. That's my angle on the whole thing.
I'm laughing because this has happened to me before, a very long time ago... Maybe 2011, I was studying VB.NET, and the executable to the project I had just built was replaced on-the-go with a rogue executable... So I opened it, and nope it wasn't my file locking utility, it was a bootkit.

AVG popped up, told me it found a threat but could not remove it... Rebooted system, and look at that... Cannot boot into Windows because it cannot find the OS. :D

I know it wasn't good at the time but it's pretty funny looking back at it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.