above Security Config

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Config is ok maybe try adding an on demand scanner and anti-virus. You should also edit your title. For example to follow the rules you should change the name to, Above's Security Config.

Reactions: LabZero

void011

Level 2
Verified
Nov 25, 2015
Your config is good enough for me. No need to add an antivirus, yet you may consider adding some on-demand scanners.
A secondary browser should be added just in case..
Why use Adblock forYouTube while your Firefox already have Adguard?

Reactions: above
C

CySecy825

Thread author
Sophos and Comodo are good Antiviruses for Linux systems and free

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: LabZero

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I have to agree with adding an AV to Linux is a smart move and one that won't take a toll on your system.
Thanks for sharing your config :)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
You may add Time Machine program to capture snapshots on your system to revert any changes. Other thanthat considering your on Linux hence you're free from threats in majority.

Reactions: above
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Approved by Staff

2s9jymOt.jpg

Not secure, you need an anti-virus and I recommend you add some on-demand scanners.

He is on Linux... you have less than 50 malwares that are considered as serious threats.
On Linux , AV are even worse than on Windows; better use the applocking feature than Linux provides.

Reactions: Rishi and above
A

above

Thread author
Your config is good enough for me. No need to add an antivirus, yet you may consider adding some on-demand scanners.
A secondary browser should be added just in case..
Why use Adblock forYouTube while your Firefox already have Adguard?

I've never had good luck with adguard removing ads in youtube, I'll let it try again maybe something has changed.

Reactions: void011
I

illumination

Thread author
Good config. I would only recommend a AV scanner if you have other machines in the house running windows on the same network and if you intend to transfer files back n forth with them. Other then this, as @Umbra mention using "Mandatory Access Control" is the way to go. Here is a starting point, Apparmor is built into Ubuntu.

AppArmor - Ubuntu Wiki

Reactions: above and Rishi

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.