Last known PC infection
Fav. Web Browser
Mozilla Firefox
Fav. Mobile OS
Windows Phone OS
Fav. Desktop OS
Windows
Fav. Antivirus
Avast... but my new laptop came with McAfee bloatware attached, and I'm now fighting the long and hard battle to get rid of this #@# piece of crapware (can you hear some frustration sipping through?)
Fav. Videogame
supaplex...

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Welcome to MalwareTips! : D

Avast... but my new laptop came with McAfee bloatware attached, and I'm now fighting the long and hard battle to get rid of this #@# piece of crapware (can you hear some frustration sipping through?)
I suppose you've tried to uninstall McAfee, and it just stuck in the process, right? If so, you can try - McAfee Removal Tool (MCPR). It should remove McAfee from your PC.

Next, I recommend that you start a thread in the PC Security Configuration forum to get some help & tips from our members on how to improve your device security.

Last edited:

Robur

Thread author
Dec 12, 2018
Welcome to MalwareTips! : D

I suppose you've tried to uninstall McAfee, and it just stuck in the process, right? If so, you can try - McAfee Removal Tool (MCPR). It should remove McAfee from your PC.

Next, I recommend that you start a thread in the PC Security Configuration forum to get some help & tips from our members on how to improve your device security.

Thanks very much for the sound advice, I tried the McAfee Removal Tool and it worked like a charm!
So now the laptop, a very basic Medion akoya, runs more smoothly AND the protection is improved. Thanks a lot, or, as we say in the Netherlands: heel erg bedankt!

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Welcome to MT. I have a similar strong distaste for McAphee. It is a hog-monster. I was still finding leftovers until a couple of months ago, after uninstalling in mid 2017. Please enjoy what you find here on the forum! :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.