Acronis True Image 2021

sepik

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2018
WHAT’S NEW IN ACRONIS TRUE IMAGE 2021 FOR WINDOWS

Acronis True Image 2021 for Windows has become a cyber protection product with enhanced backup and protection capabilities:

· .tibx archives can now be mounted, moved, renamed, and converted to the .vhd format.

· Added an option to validate only the latest backup version to speed up the regular validation process.

· Versions of backups to Acronis Cloud now can be cleaned up from the Acronis True Image console.

· Backup replication to the Acronis Cloud now supports resuming, which helps save time for those with an unstable internet connection. In case of a connection issue, the replication of backups to the Acronis Cloud stops. When the connection is restored, the replication continues from the point where it stopped, to prevent duplication of the already replicated data.

· The Web Restore page was redesigned to make the Anywhere Access to cloud data faster, more secure, and convenient.

To better protect our users, Acronis True Image has received additional security functionalities to shield data from any type of malware:

· Enhancements to our real-time protection can block not only ransomware, but other types of malware, too.

· The on-demand antivirus scans can search at-risk file types, or your entire system, for viruses.

· Web filtering protects you from malicious websites.

· Zoom, Microsoft Teams, and WebEx meetings are protected from intrusion and theft of personal information.

Homepage | Compare versions of Acronis True Image 2021

Bonorex

Level 1
Jun 12, 2020
I don't understand why should a backup software add an antivirus on demand scanning feature, real time protection, behavioural analysis engine and web filtering. The new features will never be as good as those from specialized antiviruses (even free ones) and they will only increase the chances of PC crashes or slowdowns. I prefer much more the approach of Macrium Reflect: a software that does only what's proven best at, with no bloatware.

Tutman

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
I tried the new version out lastnight was was not impressed with the backup of my c: drive time. Kept showing 28 minutes but it took almost 2 hours! LOL. And I was NOT in my windows at the time, I was doing this from the restore usb iso of Acronis so NOTHING else was running! I didn't want to install the full program for the same reason, it seems to run alot of processes and afraid it would be cpu hungry. So without it installed I can not mount view or change the backup file. :( I think I will stick with Terabyte instead. I tried Iberius Backup also and it's not the most user friendly gui and also slooooow to backup!

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Never tried Ashampoo... is it pretty fast and decent compression on backup?
Well, it is not the fastest but it is safe and reliable. The only annoying thing about it is it does not support backing up used sectors. Instead it backs up everything. In my case when I have Windows installed on 480 GB SSD (one partition only), restoring a backup takes 2 hours because it restore the full 480 GB. This should not be a problem if you have your Windows installed on a 100 GB partition.

MacDefender

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Oct 13, 2019
I don't understand why should a backup software add an antivirus on demand scanning feature, real time protection, behavioural analysis engine and web filtering. The new features will never be as good as those from specialized antiviruses (even free ones) and they will only increase the chances of PC crashes or slowdowns. I prefer much more the approach of Macrium Reflect: a software that does only what's proven best at, with no bloatware.

I'm guessing being a backup software doesn't sell super well in this day and age, when there's both plenty of competitors, built in backup tools, and cloud storage software has made it less compelling why you need to do a full system backup. I remember the days when a reinstall of Windows meant a day or two of installing random software. These days, either thanks to the Windows Store, broadband internet, or just generally improved installers, I can go from a blank Windows 10 to being productive in a few hours.

Seems like Acronis decided that because ransomware prevention and backing up go hand in hand, this is a good time to pivot and capitalize on the ransomware angle.

Harputlu

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Dec 26, 2016

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Acronis was the first imager I used after Ghost some time ago, but now for me it's overly complicated & offers options I have no need for, the last time I used it was was a pretty big install & as stable as on of my sister-in-laws :rolleyes::rolleyes:

F

ForgottenSeer 78429

I will do the same if and when any backup fails me
For me these days have come. Aomei and Acronis both have failed me.
Acronis was the first imager I used after Ghost some time ago, but now for me it's overly complicated & offers options I have no need for, the last time I used it was was a pretty big install & as stable as on of my sister-in-laws :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Yeah, it is around 600 MB for download while others are 100 MB. Maybe because of its protection feature?

Last edited by a moderator:
F

ForgottenSeer 78429

I have never used Acronis but could you elaborate what happened with you with AOMEI?
I made a system image after fresh install and installing some regular software and after due to an update cryptographic service was causing almost 100% disk usage. So I tried to backup from the image i had created but it got stuck around 45% for more than one hour. Fans were quite loud and laptop was heating up. So I turned it off and after that I was unable to boot. So I had to reinstall Windows.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.