Acronis True Image WD Edition Software 2020

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Was searching for some tools for one of my Western Digital drives, when I suddenly stumbled over this little beauty. Not really the latest version, but it's 100% Free for all Western Digital customers.
  • Windows 7 SP1 (all editions)
  • Windows 8 (all editions)
  • Windows 8.1 (all editions)
  • Windows 10 - starting with Update 2 (WD ATI 6126 or greater)

Instructions​

You need at least one WD hard drive attached in your system to be able to install and run the product.
The installation procedure is straightforward.
  1. Download the .zip file that includes both the executable file as well as the User Guide.
  2. Extract the .exe file and the User Guide.
  3. Run the executable file and follow the on-screen instructions.

Pat MacKnife

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 14, 2015
A few weeks ago i upgraded a notebook with an SSD from crucial, they also give a free download to acronis to clone or back your files/data.

What is Acronis True Image for Crucial? Acronis True Image for Crucial is an integrated software suite that ensures the security of all of the information on your PC. Backups allow you to recover your computer system should a disaster occur, such as losing data, accidentally deleting critical files or folders, or suffering a complete hard disk crash. Key features:  Rescue bootable media (p. 56)  Hard disk cloning (p. 67)  Security and privacy tools (p. 56) Getting started Learn how to protect your computer with two simple steps: "Protecting your system (p. 9)".

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Was searching for some tools for one of my Western Digital drives, when I suddenly stumbled over this little beauty. Not really the latest version, but it's 100% Free for all Western Digital customers.

Thanks @upnorth for this information and for the user explanations (y)

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Thanks yourself @JB007 , because this made me curious if Acronis had possible released any updated version.
2021-07-17-12-05-12.png

2021-07-17-12-07-34.png

2021-07-17-12-09-37.png

I haven't tested it fully yet, for example the ransomware ( rw ) protection etc, so I can't say how well or not that specific works. It does at least not seem to have any problem now initially, with for example F-Secure, but it might be a bit redundant using them both for rw protection.

The only thing right now I'm a little confused about, is what exactly I miss out on from the paid version vs this one? :unsure: @BagaudinAcronis , something you can easy help me and all others with?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.