ActiveDiscount impossible to remove, tried everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

derwen

Thread author
Jun 25, 2015
Infected months ago, recurring for months, impossible to remove. I have no idea how it got on the computer in the first place. I don't install and deal with anything suspicious on my computer, and I am really careful whern installing programs to not install hidden software.

Installs extensions to chrome and displays popup ads (usually calls itself ActiveDiscount but has many names). I also witnessed a computer restart during doing work and windows update I did not approve. Computer crashes a lot.

Tried to remove it with everything I found on the internet, including every guide from this site. Spent entire days scanning and battling this. Used every program I could find, Spyhunter (which I even bought), Adwcleaner, Google Chrome removal tool, Avast, herProtect, HitmanPro, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, RegHunter, RogueKiller, Microsoft Security Essentials, Spybot S&D and many others I just installed and removed when they failed that I can't remember now.

Adwcleaner used to remove it temporarily (it would found conduit something and remove it), and it was gone after computer restart but it returned the same or the next day (sometimes during work, sometimes after computer crashed). But now adwcleaner can't find it at all anymore.

I have no idea what else to do. Please help. Thank you.

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    55 KB · Views: 1
  • AdwCleaner[R8].txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 0
  • aswMBR.txt
    2.3 KB · Views: 0
  • FRST.txt
    63.2 KB · Views: 1
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.