Status
Not open for further replies.

dwarfin

I tested free av's for a while and i would like to choose from those two.
Both of em got low memory usage and good performance - although my Windows 7 startup a bit faster with bitdefender. When it comes to ram usage, bitdefender win on my machine, but its no con since i got 4 gb.

I like the notifications when ad aware updates so im always informed. Also the ui looks really nice compared to bitdefender one.

From what i tested on my machine, ad adaware got oversensitive adaware blocking, which i really like :). But from what ive know it lacks the cloud engine ? I read that it uses vipre engine (any opinions?) and their own while bitdefender uses just its own engine.
Which one is better ? im Looking for great detection rate and url blocking.
If there are any other products i can look forward i will be thankful.

G

Guest28

Ad-ware version 11 beta is now out but they are dropping vipre and adding Bitdefender. This is a big disappointment users are already reporting that the scans are slower and the detection is even worse.

dwarfin

So, any ideas ? Which of those av's got better detection rate : bd or ad aware ?
Its sad to hear that lavasoft will drop vipre engine, since it will be still more original than next av using bd engine.

Spawn

Administrator
Verified
Staff member
I wouldn't worry about detection rates, both provide decent levels of protection.

Having previously used Bitdefender Free Antivirus, I only found a few problems with it. Slow web browsing, Lack of real controls and required registration.

Status
Not open for further replies.