Battle Ad aware free vs Bitdefender free

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwarfin

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
I tested free av's for a while and i would like to choose from those two.
Both of em got low memory usage and good performance - although my win 7 startup a bit faster with bitdefender. When it comes to ram usage, bitdefender win on my machine, but its no con since i got 4 gb.

I like the notifications when ad aware updates so im always informed. Also the ui looks really nice compared to bitdefender one.

From what i tested on my machine, ad adaware got oversensitive adaware blocking, which i really like :). But from what ive know it lacks the cloud engine ? I read that it uses vipre engine (any opinions?) and their own while bitdefender uses just its own engine.
Which one is better ? im Looking for great detection rate and url blocking.
If there are any other products i can look forward i will be thankful.

G

Guest28

Ad-ware version 11 beta is now out but they are dropping vipre and adding Bitdefender. This is a big disappointment users are already reporting that the scans are slower and the detection is even worse.

dwarfin

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
So, any ideas ? Which of those av's got better detection rate : bd or ad aware ?
Its sad to hear that lavasoft will drop vipre engine, since it will be still more original than next av using bd engine.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I wouldn't worry about detection rates, both provide decent levels of protection.

Having previously used Bitdefender Free Antivirus, I only found a few problems with it. Slow web browsing, Lack of real controls and required registration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.