Troubleshoot Ad.doubleclick.net, trackcmp.net and a cloudflare bad gateway problems I cant solve, tried everything I know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Infected operating system
High Sierra
Infected device issues
Hi, I have a problem with ad.doubleclick.net, trackcmp.net and a cloudflare bad gateway thing.
Steps taken to remove the infection
I have tried Malwarebytes and it found two issues, quarantined them, but not finding anything else have also done How To Remove Adware, Pop-up Ads and Viruses from Mac OS ie checked for malicious apps, AdminPrefs in profiles but i have users not probiles. Ive cleared caches and refreshed DNS. Now I have no idea where to go from here. I have checked Applications, checked everywhere, browser extensions, I use Firefox and Chrome, cant find a thing. I use Adaware for antivirus. I do not use Cloudflare for my domain.

wendyc

Thread author
Mar 8, 2019
Hi, I have a problem with ad.doubleclick.net, trackcmp.net and a cloudflare bad gateway thing.

I have tried Malwarebytes and it found two issues, quarantined them, but not finding anything else. I have also done How To Remove Adware, Pop-up Ads and Viruses from Mac OS. Now I have no idea where to go from here. I have checked Applicatons, checked everywhere, extensions, cant find a thing.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Can you please run a scan again with Malwarebytes and see if it detects any other malicious items, if it does, please RESTART the computer to complete the malware removal process.
As a separate note, ad.doubleclick.net, trackcmp.net and a cloudflare by themselves are not malicious, they're just advertising networks. Is your browser connecting to these sites only on specific domains or on all sites? On which browser are experiencing this issue and do you have an adblocker installed on your browser?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.