New Update Ad Sanitizer - Chromodo Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

yigido

Thread author
Source : https://help.comodo.com/topic-249-1...-to-stop-websites-tracking-your-activity.html
Ad Sanitizer provides you the power to control these activities and make surfing the web safe and private again. Ad Sanitizer is a browser extension that improves the transparency, privacy and speed of your online experience by automatically detecting and blocking processes that are attempting to track your online activity. Whenever you visit a website, Ad Sanitizer will display the number of privacy threats it has blocked in the top-right corner of your browser. Clicking the Ad Sanitizer icon will reveal a more detailed breakdown of the types of threats it has stopped, which can include visible banner related to adnetworks, scripts or widgets in a webpage and replace them with safe and trusted ads

It is the renamed version of PrivDog extension, just my opinion.

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
ineffective in blocking ads and social widgets.

What is comodo doing?

they should just copy all from adblockplus.

Reactions: Kent and frogboy

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Adblocker blocks almost all ads that come their way, this is more of a adware, changing your browsing experience by changing the ads you see. Of course they do this to make money as well as to "protect" you from the "dangerous", AKA non affiliated ads, that you come across. The extension probably is a tracker itself to better know what ad placement will get the highest chances of you clicking on it.

PrivDog all over again, when will they ever learn...

Reactions: yigido

JimX Smith

Jun 11, 2015
ineffective in blocking ads and social widgets.

What is comodo doing?

they should just copy all from adblockplus.
=-==- -------------------------------------------=-=-==-
I don't think it's supposed to "remove ads", it is titled "add sanitizer", which in my interpretation means it removes malicious content from adds, not removing the adds.
however in the settings there is a check-box you can uncheck on a line that reads something like(I already removed it so i am trying to quote this from memory) "Deliver adds from verified safe sources"
IMHO that means they are just another ad delivery vehicle parading as an ad-malware removal tool.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
=-==- -------------------------------------------=-=-==-
I don't think it's supposed to "remove ads", it is titled "add sanitizer", which in my interpretation means it removes malicious content from adds, not removing the adds.
however in the settings there is a check-box you can uncheck on a line that reads something like(I already removed it so i am trying to quote this from memory) "Deliver adds from verified safe sources"
IMHO that means they are just another ad delivery vehicle parading as an ad-malware removal tool.
I uninstalled it.
coz its not a traditional adblocker so doesn't blocks many ads.
And I have noticed if ads are blocked then white space is there in place of ads.
Unchecking the option for trusted ads, on google search trusted ads are still shown. I had mentioned this during beta but not fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.