Advice Request Adaptive Defence 360

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

francis de lorraine

Level 2
Verified
Mar 19, 2017

Amelith Nargothrond

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 22, 2017
I am using Panda Adaptive Defense in my laptop...I am the System Admin for my company and proposed Panda Adaptive Defense to my company. We are maintaing more that 900 computers. 300 is with Panda Adaptive Defense, another 600+ machine with Kaspersky will be expiring next year..also will be replaced by Panda AD360. I can say that, I have never felt so confident of any Antivirus except Panda Adaptive Defense...after so many research and POC with many endpoint protection...I have tried so many viruses and malwares in my own laptop from hybrid-analysis.com and none of the samples manage to get away from Panda Adaptive Defense 360 radar. If you understand how the security models works in Panda Adaptive Defense....you will be daring like me to download and test virtually any malware from hybrid-analysis.com. You can test any zero day malware from that website. I assure you, I have tested so many malware...docs, pdf, exe, js,..you name it....all blocked, analyzed, captured, quarantined, deleted...everyday I will check and test in my laptop and ready to suicide...but until today...my machine are still safe and secure. You can test fileless attack files...you can test any flash with malware website... hybrid-analysis.com do have URL listing with malware infection...give it a try and be crazy like me. :)

Oh..I even tested Petya - harddrive ransomware, Cerberus, Locky....all dead end for the zero-day ransomware and malware that will use fileless attack method.

Your reaction to the firewall is nevertheless... priceless :p

Amelith Nargothrond

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 22, 2017

francis de lorraine

Level 2
Verified
Mar 19, 2017
[QUOTE = "Amelith Nargothrond, post: 612711, member: 60405"] Votre navigateur traduit probablement toutes les discussions ici, mais nous ne parlons pas français et c'est un forum parlant anglais ......[/ QUOTE]
Ok je prends bonne note

Amelith Nargothrond

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 22, 2017
[QUOTE = "Amelith Nargothrond, post: 612711, member: 60405"] Votre navigateur traduit probablement toutes les discussions ici, mais nous ne parlons pas français et c'est un forum parlant anglais ......[/ QUOTE]
Ok je prends bonne note

Mate... check this out, press this button:

fa3026090dda46a6a7b689c872c0d665.png

Reactions: sunshineboy

Amelith Nargothrond

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 22, 2017
They call it adaptive, as probably it will whitelist the most common apps you use in a certain period of time when it's not blocking anything (it's what they call "the learning period"), and deny/block everything else afterwards.

Amelith Nargothrond

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 22, 2017
good news...it failed to launch....another zero day malware failed.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand, because it's so much fun replying to this (please don't be offended), this super next gen av probably would have blocked any executable, even one from the ice age, if it's not in the whitelist. Basically it's completely irrelevant if it's a 0 day or an ancient egyptian day malware :D

Reactions: Emmanuellws

Emmanuellws

Level 3
Verified
Mar 11, 2017
Well, you have blacklist by traditional AV, and you have whitelist and greylist to complete the protection, then you have behaviour protection. That makes a basic next gen AV. Hope you're not offended by my explanation. Yes it's fun. Hehehe

Emmanuellws

Level 3
Verified
Mar 11, 2017

Aaaaaaaaaaaand, because it's so much fun replying to this (please don't be offended), this super next gen av probably would have blocked any executable, even one from the ice age, if it's not in the whitelist. Basically it's completely irrelevant if it's a 0 day or an ancient egyptian day malware :D
Exactly, except the whitelisting is handled by Panda Cloud.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Three questions if I use it on my laptop

1) Is Panda AV strong enough as compared to Kaspersky, BD, Avast etc
2) If offline how can it protect my system? If cannot then I'll need another set of of AV?
3) Is this software totally cloud-based?

Thanks

Last edited:

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Je continue a penser que l'intelligence artificiel dans un antivirus ne le rends pas plus puissant (ça génère forcèment des faux positifs comme c'est le cas avec cylance par exemple) cette technologie doit être accompagnèe de detections traditionnelle(signature,bloqueur de comportement et cloud )
Post in English here or the mods will get you ;)

Emmanuellws

Level 3
Verified
Mar 11, 2017
You do realise that this next gen av blocked it because the executable was not whitelisted (permitted to run/execute), right? And not because it was detected as malware...

288291b1913c42f59c3b5c237f635cf5.png

Yes, this feature is needed to help our non IT savvy users from accidentally download and run email attachment... While some maybe safe to open as classified by Panda.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sunshine-boy

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
What makes you bet for Panda more but not Kaspersky, which you have for the other computers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.