Advice Request Adaware FREE Antivirus - Have you tried it?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
I remember that the function that slows down the processing speed of the PC stood out rather than the protection technology.

• HaHa
Reactions: chx818 and Trident

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
I remember they had some scandals with behaviour that was similar to the Adware they so claimed to expel. At one point they switched to the Bitdefender engine (not sure if they still use it). They redid the UI to feel very native to Windows. If they are using Bitdefender engine then they are not too bad but as long as Bitdefender Free exists, there is no need for some low quality dupes.

I’ve tried it years ago. Didn’t love it.

Reactions: roger_m and show-Zi

Spartan

Level 3
Verified
Apr 15, 2019
Adaware FREE Antivirus - Have you tried it?

Just tried it out of interest, I don't like AVs that place buttons to upgrade to higher suites for features not pertaining to the product I installed. In this case, the buttons to upgrade are literally on every page!

It would've been a fine product otherwise as it uses the Bitdefender Engine which is light and secure.
1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: roger_m and Trident

Spartan

Level 3
Verified
Apr 15, 2019
There is another free AV that uses the Bitdefender engines as well: Bitdefender Free 😀
Have you ever used it?? That has even worse buttons to upgrade including VPN, system booster/optimizer, yada yada

I installed it on a test machine and it was uninstalled in 60 seconds

It used to be one of the best free AVs in the past, simple, no BS, no buttons to upgrade, until they recently changed the GUI now all Bitdefender products look the same

Reactions: roger_m and Trident

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.