Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Adblock Fast is a free, open-source ad blocker!

Just as webpages grew bloated with ads, so too have ad blockers grown bloated with little-used filtering rules and features that sap their speed and hog your device’s disk space, CPU cycles, and memory. Adblock Fast runs an optimized ruleset to accelerate pages more but consume less system resources than other ad blockers do.

Adblock Fast blocks ads in Safari not in other apps.

Official Homepage: Adblock Fast: The world’s fastest ad blocker

Reactions: Kent

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Downloading it now to test it out!

Reactions: Ink

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
It's a good option for Safari users. How effective have you found it to be?

Non-Safari iOS 9 users can try this app by AdBlock Plus and Eyeo (Adblock Browser on the App Store) - also available for Android (see similar threads below).
Honestly not very effective, I can still see some ads on the top and bottom of safari while browsing with my phone, I have also made sure that it has been configured correctly and everything else.

Might need more time to test more sites but so far I have only tested it on business insider and have found it to be ineffective :(

Edit: after contacting the support team and clearing cache the ads are gone, very good product!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2913

Adblock Fast: The world’s fastest ad blocker

Just as webpages grew bloated with ads, so too have ad blockers grown bloated with little-used filtering rules and features that sap their speed and hog your computer or device’s disk space, CPU cycles, and memory. Adblock Fast runs a mere 7 optimized filtering rules to accelerate pages 8x more but consume 6x less system resources than other ad blockers do.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@yesnoo Thanks for posting, however it has been available since iOS 9 was released. Just compatible with more devices.

Threads Merged.

D

Deleted member 2913

I tried on Chrome. After install I got notification background service added & will run even after Chrome is closed.

Why background service?

Win 10 64

Latest Chrome

UPDATE -
Uninstalled it.

uBlock Origin is the best in the category.

Go to clipconverter website. Paste any Youtube link..click continue & after media formats available, click start & you will get a download option. Nowadays when you click download another webpage opens with those nasty ads "update your Java/Flash" & other ads.

This is my little test to test Adblockers..nothing much just...

Only uBlock Origin blocks the webpage. Any/All Adblockers ABP, uBlock, Adguard, Adblock Fast, etc... dont block the webpage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.