Question Add PIN to open my browser profile

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Tiamati

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 8, 2016
Hello! Can you help me pls?

I use a public computer at work and i can't create my own windows account/desktop on it. I'd like to know if there is any way to add PIN to my chrome/edge browser profile. So i could save my passwords and personal sites.

any ideas?

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Hi! Unfortunately, it is not possible to directly add a PIN to your Chrome or Edge browser profile. However, you can try using the built-in password manager feature in these browsers. They allow you to save your login credentials securely and automatically fill them in when needed. Just make sure to sign out of the browser and clear your browsing data after use to protect your privacy.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

I use a public computer at work and i can't create my own windows account/desktop on it. I'd like to know if there is any way to add PIN to my chrome/edge browser profile. So i could save my passwords and personal sites.

any ideas?
NEVER save or store any personal or sensitive data on a public or shared computer.

F

ForgottenSeer 76546

any ideas?
Please DON'T store password on a public computer, this is asking for trouble.

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
I would suggest put one of your fave browser probable in your USB flash. when you leave PC make sure close the browser and unplug the USB from system.

• Thanks
Reactions: Tiamati

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017

any ideas?
And how would you know that it does not have a keylogger (and data stealer) running in the background recording your PIN.
Really bad idea.

Reactions: Tiamati
F

ForgottenSeer 103564

any ideas?
Using the public computer at work for work i understand, but i would not recommend using it for personal sites and logging into personal accounts in any way, shape, or form that is a bad idea.

Tiamati

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 8, 2016
I would suggest put one of your fave browser probable in your USB flash. when you leave PC make sure close the browser and unplug the USB from system.
This idea would share the same problem of saving data/cache on the public computer? Is it safe?

I constantly have to access some personal stuff to send/use on my work...

F

ForgottenSeer 103564

This idea would share the same problem of saving data/cache on the public computer? Is it safe?

I constantly have to access some personal stuff to send/use on my work...
Plugging a usb into a shared public computer has its own risks.

Not knowing what you do or need to do that requires you to need personal information for work assignments on a system designed to not allow personal access is to say a little stumping, but the best i could offer is a happy medium. I would create a work email, and transfer items from my personal accounts via it if applicable if file size becomes a issue and zip files are not workable a usb could be used to transfer items, although you certainly would want a way to disable autorun on your personal system and scanning of that drive to ensure you have not brought home malware hitching a ride once you used it at work.

Accessing your personal accounts on that public system is in no way a good idea.

Tiamati

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 8, 2016
Plugging a usb into a shared public computer has its own risks.

Not knowing what you do or need to do that requires you to need personal information for work assignments on a system designed to not allow personal access is to say a little stumping, but the best i could offer is a happy medium. I would create a work email, and transfer items from my personal accounts via it if applicable if file size becomes a issue and zip files are not workable a usb could be used to transfer items, although you certainly would want a way to disable autorun on your personal system and scanning of that drive to ensure you have not brought home malware hitching a ride once you used it at work.

Accessing your personal accounts on that public system is in no way a good idea.
Good idea, i'll create a google drive account for work and sync it. It may work.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.