Guide | How To Add Tabs to Windows Explorer - Clover

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
I do indeed like this program very much and have been using it myself for a couple months now.

Here's a GIF that shows off a various amount of features in a short time.

g7flSXY.gif

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Cool concept, but the Chromium-style tabs don't suit the Windows Explorer UI.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Earth said:
Cool concept, but the Chromium-style tabs don't suit the Windows Explorer UI.

Yep that I can agree with.

I use a custom Windows 8 visual style which goes great with them.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Never head of this before. Seems quite good. Saves having so many windows open.

Chigwells

Level 4
Jan 16, 2012
Great, just what I need. My laptop has this appalling resolution (seems to be pretty common on cheaper laptops, 768x1366), can hardly fit more than one open window on my desktop.

I'm with Littlebits, I've gone for TabExplorer cause the other one has sad looking tabs. :(

rebel4life

Level 9
Verified
Sep 30, 2012
a bit off topic what about a replacement for windowsexplore.exe my file shutdown thats why im trying out directory opus 10 im on my last month of trial need to find a free replacement soon

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Still having that problem, how about trying EmergeDesktop - http://www.emergedesktop.org

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
I said:
Do either of these programs allow me to include all of my web browsers in tabs?

I'm not sure what you are asking. These programs are to add tabs Windows Explorer. Most browser already have tabs.

Thanks. :D

I'm Me

Verified
Sep 14, 2013
I'm not sure what you are asking. These programs are to add tabs Windows Explorer. Most browser already have tabs.

I mean like one tab for the library, another tab "my music", another tab for Firefox, a forth tab for "my pictures", Chrome, etc.

From the research I've done on them, I guessing that I won't be able to open .exe programs along with library items in tabs.

Thank you

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
With TabExplorer you only have tabs for Windows Explorer so you can have tabs for library, music, pictures or any other location that can be opened by Windows Explorer. Browsers do not function inside of Windows Explorer therefore that is impossible unless you use an alternative file explorer that supports browsers, I don't know of any that will support browser tabs.

svWHyOv.png

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.