Advice Request Addon that helps to autoblock these sites?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackuars

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Certain websites has links which opens like
Potentially Unsafe site:
Code:
hxxp://add.cinemastock.xyz/new/?clickid=8d5fepmslsywfc52&language=en-US&country=India

and consistently tags you to install their extension, lest you can't continue browsing or switch tabs or anything. You would have to force shutdown your browser.

uBlock and Pop-up blocker (strict) doesn't block it. Any other alternative, other than adding a filter to ublock? Because I would need to manually do the same for every such site I encounter.

Mod Edit: URL Warning

Last edited by a moderator:

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
I'm not on computer right now so I'll test tomorrow if my uBO i uBO Extra block that site. I'm subscribed to bunch of filters. :)
It doesn't and it shouldn't. It's not the purpose of the extension. The way to avoid such issues is to not visit random sites and if you ever do and you get such issues never go back.
If you go to such site close the first alert, right click the tab and click exit. Never go back.
... And they all lived happily ever after... THE END!

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
and consistently tags you to install their extension, lest you can't continue browsing or switch tabs or anything. You would have to force shutdown your browser.

uBlock and Pop-up blocker (strict) doesn't block it. Any other alternative, other than adding a filter to ublock? Because I would need to manually do the same for every such site I encounter.
Doesn't know about any addon to block these sites but Noscript disables the dialog box (which appears and doesn't allow you to click anywhere) and you can easily close the tab.
P.S in my case(with UBlock origin) i could close the tab even without Noscript, although that annoying dialog box did appeared.

inuyasha

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Apr 9, 2017
It doesn't and it shouldn't. It's not the purpose of the extension. The way to avoid such issues is to not visit random sites and if you ever do and you get such issues never go back.
If you go to such site close the first alert, right click the tab and click exit. Never go back.

this is very idealistic. sometimes we go to these sites by accident. or friends/family go on them and don't know any better

Reactions: JB007

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Which browser do you use?

You can click "Prevent this page from creating additional dialogues" in Chrome for example, but usually closing the tab works instead of force closing the browser.

@jackuars Mod Edit, don't post live unsafe links.

Reactions: shukla44 and JB007

Marko :)

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
Yep, you were right. uBO didn't block this. :D

Reactions: JB007 and frogboy

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Norton safe web can block it
Capture.PNG

in order not to close the browser, you can do this
1.PNG

jackuars

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
You can't do that, once you close the alert, another alert box comes in, and another. It wouldn't go unless you force close your browser using task manager. Running 360TS and uBlock with Pop-up blocker (strict)

Reactions: SHvFl

jackuars

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Which browser do you use?

You can click "Prevent this page from creating additional dialogues" in Chrome for example, but usually closing the tab works instead of force closing the browser.

@jackuars Mod Edit, don't post live unsafe links.

I tried clicking on "prevent this page from creating additional dialogues" to no avail.

Reactions: SHvFl

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
You can't do that, once you close the alert, another alert box comes in, and another. It wouldn't go unless you force close your browser using task manager. Running 360TS and uBlock with Pop-up blocker (strict)
It doesn't open a new dialog for me until i click on the page again which i don't because i just right click the tab and close it.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I think consider using McAfee Web Advisor or Norton Safe Web to block that specific website.

Make sure that you don't clear the cache on the browser, cause once you did it then you need to tick 'prevent this page from creating additional dialogues'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.