New Update AdGuard AdBlocker v3.0.0 Update

Rebsat

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
I have AdGuard browser extension 3.0.11 on Google Chrome but no matter I was trying to add custom filters but AdGuard didn't block anything.
Today, I've added this filter:
and it has successfully added to Custom Filter of AdGuard settings but when I visited a number of malicious urls from the above link; I disappointed :emoji_angry: since AdGuard didn't block even one url. I added a lot of other custom filters but the result was the same .
BTW, I tested using ublock origin and Nano Adblocker but they were blocking all of the malicious urls from the above link...
Is there any fix to this issue yet? thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: oldschool

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
I have AdGuard browser extension 3.0.11 on Brave but no matter I was trying to add custom filters but it didn't block anything.
Today, I've added this filter:
and it successfully added to Custom Filter settings of AdGuard but when I visited a number of malicious urls from above; I disappointed since AdGuard didn't block even one url:Emsisoft Emergency Kit (EEK): I need help, please! Thanks
Go to brave settings and change Ad control to "Allow ads and tracking". Perhaps Brave is blocking Adguard from functioning properly.

Reactions: Rebsat

212eta

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
May 11, 2011
Imagine if someone wants to add a dozen of Custom Filters.
Doing it one-by-one is a PITA.

Was is so difficult to have a plain area (the way uBlock Origin does it)
so that the users can simply Paste the URLs of the respective Filter?

Reactions: oldschool

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Support like this is why I use AdGuard (browser extension only while having a license for the desktop version) (y)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.