Status
Not open for further replies.

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Thanks @Umbra .
The windows version one does not have VPN right? I do not see/ find a VPN setting at the moment.

From ADGuard
Verified
Developer
May 23, 2014
There is a way to use Adguard along with some VPN, but you need ROOT to do it.

Reactions: maximus

Soorya

Level 1
Verified
Mar 3, 2015
Because it has admin right in Windows so installing itself deeper in the system; while in android (aka Linux) it doesn't unless the phone is rooted.
So How can use CyberGhost vpn with AdGuard Android on my android ???

D

Deleted member 178

if you don't have a rooted phone you can't, you have to decide which one to keep and which one to remove.

Soorya

Level 1
Verified
Mar 3, 2015
I did not understand .... about rooted...

What rooted android will have impact on CyberGhost VPN and also on AdGuard Android on my android ?

thanks for answers!

Kantry123

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014

What rooted android will have impact on CyberGhost VPN and also on AdGuard Android on my android ?

thanks for answers!
ROOTED means GAINING ADMIN CONTROL OVER ur android phone u can see XDA FORUMS and Navigate to DEVICE SPECIFIC THREAD
there are plenty of guides there....

BUT BEWARE IF U DO U MAY LOOSE WARRANTY AND U CAN ALSO HAVE A CHANCE OF BRICKING PHONE

Hope u got ur answer

regards

Last edited:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012

thanks for answers!
Rooting an Android phone is like Jailbreaking an iPhone or iPad.It allows you to install applications and make changes to the operating system that you cannot normally do without "Root Access".
There are certain programs that require root access and can only be installed on a rooted phone.Rooting your phone will not affect those programs that run on a non rooted phone.
However "Rooting" an Android phone is a bit more complex than say "Jailbreaking" an iPhone.
If you are inexperienced it can be a confusing process reading trough all the guides and instructions.If you are not careful you can easily "Brick" your Android device.Your device will not boot and you will not be able to factory reset it either.Essentially you will have an Android paper weight and will be shopping for a new phone.
Before even considering rooting your phone you should really educate yourself on the process by,as @Kantry123 said above visiting XDA Forums as they are probably the expert on the process.
Every phone on every carrier requires a certain process and appplication

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.