On Sale! Adguard "Back to School" Sale

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Remember, if you have a speedy connection Adguard will let you down. Known issue. Their FWD doesn't work well past around 200Mbps (give or take) downstream. I've abandoned it on my 1000Mbps connection as it throttles it by almost 50%.

Otherwise, it's good... :)

Fritz

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 28, 2015
Remember, if you have a speedy connection Adguard will let you down. Known issue. Their FWD doesn't work well past around 200Mbps (give or take) downstream. I've abandoned it on my 1000Mbps connection as it throttles it by almost 50%.
Yes, that is a problem I'd like to have as well. We managed to step up to 50 Mbps 2 years ago and that'll be the end of it for a while. Lucky you. :D

Wow, that a really good price. But do i need to use vpn to activate it?
Indeed, use a Russian VPN and you're set. As far as I remember, Russian currency won't appear as a choice unless you do. In case you don't have a proper one yet, the difference in price would pay for a year of VPN service. ;)

AnonMan

Level 2
Verified
Aug 4, 2017
Indeed, use a Russian VPN and you're set. As far as I remember, Russian currency won't appear as a choice unless you do. In case you don't have a proper one yet, the difference in price would pay for a year of VPN service.
Well then i need to pass this as i only use a free vpn(no russian server), is there any free vpn that have russian server? considering that buying a vpn service is very expensive in my country.

NikolayfromRussia

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Jul 3, 2014
Well then i need to pass this as i only use a free vpn(no russian server), is there any free vpn that have russian server? considering that buying a vpn service is very expensive in my country.

No, you don't need a Russian Ip. I am connected to London using a cactus Vpn and this offer is still avalaible. You just need to choose a Russian for a site interface

2a.jpg

toto_10

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Feb 12, 2017
I'm very interested in this software, but is it necessary for me when I have Kaspersky Internet Security 2017 installed and using Adguard Blocker extension?

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014

Otherwise, it's good... :)
You sure about that? Apparently on version 6.1.* they improved the speed for 1gbps connections. It was around 400mbps max before but no clue about now because i can't test. Maybe you want to try it out if you still have adguard.

NikolayfromRussia

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Jul 3, 2014
I'm very interested in this software, but is it necessary for me when I have Kaspersky Internet Security 2017 installed and using Adguard Blocker extension?

I use this program (adguard) for 3 years. Before ad mucher was installed on my PC. Since that time adguard has made a big step improving a product. No system/internet slowdown. I used it with eset/kis/norton. Everything is ok.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

You sure about that? Apparently on version 6.1.* they improved the speed for 1gbps connections. It was around 400mbps max before but no clue about now because i can't test. Maybe you want to try it out if you still have adguard.

I didn't hear about this. I have a 9 device lifetime.

I will give it a check! I have changed to using DNS and UTM adblocking instead of various extensions or products. But if they've improved speed, I will be a happy camper.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
I didn't hear about this. I have a 9 device lifetime.

I will give it a check! I have changed to using DNS and UTM adblocking instead of various extensions or products. But if they've improved speed, I will be a happy camper.
They said they did but as i told you atm i don't have 1gbps to test it out. You might want to try it yourself to confirm or deny. ;)

Reactions: AnonMan

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.