Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
There’s probably no one who hasn’t heard of ChatGPT, an AI-powered chatbot that can generate human-like responses to text prompts. While it’s not without its flaws, ChatGPT is scarily good at being a jack-of-all-trades: it can write software, a film script and everything in between. ChatGPT was built on top of GPT-3.5, OpenAI’s large language model, which was the most advanced at the time of the chatbot’s release last November.

Fast forward to March, and OpenAI has unveiled GPT-4, an upgrade to GPT-3.5. The new language model is larger and more versatile than its predecessor. Although its capabilities have yet to be fully explored, it is already showing great promise. For example, GPT-4 can suggest new compounds, potentially aiding drug discovery, and create a working website from just a notebook sketch.

But with great promise come great challenges. Just as it is easy to use GPT-4 and its predecessors to do good, it is equally easy to abuse them to do harm. In an attempt to prevent people from misusing AI-powered tools, developers put safety restrictions on them. But these are not foolproof. One of the most popular ways to circumvent the security barriers built into GPT-4 and ChatGPT is the DAN exploit, which stands for “Do Anything Now.” And this is what we will look at in this article.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
The article discusses the potential of the new language model, GPT-4, and the challenges that come along with it, such as the potential for abuse through the use of the DAN exploit. Developers have implemented safety restrictions to prevent the misuse of AI-powered tools, but they are not foolproof. The article highlights the importance of being aware of the potential for abuse and taking steps to prevent it.

Reactions: Trooper

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Wait until AI development gets to the point of AI developing itself. That time will come, sooner or later.Then we're all in trouble.

Reactions: Zero Knowledge

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
Wait until AI development gets to the point of AI developing itself. That time will come, sooner or later.Then we're all in trouble.
I don't think that will happen, A.I. will always need humans for the near distant future. To update code/models and service the hardware it runs on.

Now if A.I. and robots morph into one then we will have problems. I can see that being the turning point or end of human civilization.

Sentient robots who can learn and service and update themselves? Bad news for humanity because humans are no longer needed.

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
Yeah, that’s not happening in the next 500 years. 😀
You would hope so, and by then there would be kill switches introduces into such tech.

With the canary in the coal mine aka Quantum Computing and if the promise is realized it will be the next great leap forward combined with A.I..

Just think in the 1920's/1930's they were making movies about going to the moon and interspace travel. 40/50 years later we were on the moon.

Reactions: oldschool

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.