Advice Request AdGuard Custom Filter

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

toto_10

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 12, 2017
Hey,

I'm using Google Chrome as my main browser with uBlock Origin and Microsoft Edge as my secondary browser with AdGuard. I would like to use my same custom filters from uBlock in AdGuard.

Do you add custom filters the same way in uBlock as Adguard, from filterlists.com? Copy the filterlist webpage and paste it to AdGuard?
Do I add custom filters in "User filter" --> "Add new rule"?
How do you update the custom filters in AdGuard?

Reactions: Sunshine-boy

toto_10

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 12, 2017
Thank you very much. I didn't even noticed the subscription option :)

I have now added all filters besides "uBlock filters - Experimental" and "uBlock filters - Privacy". Is there any way to add them to my list? I can't find them on filterlists.com

Upvote 0

lowdetection

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
If you mean the experimental for AdGuard, here you are: https://filters.adtidy.org/extension/chromium/filters/5.txt

Do this way,

click + on third party filters inside uBlock, it is hidden...

Qp3Zj6.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

toto_10

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 12, 2017
Thanks for the help guys. I copied the text into a .txt file and imported the file to AdGuard.

AdGuard is now set :)

Reactions: Moonhorse
Upvote 0

Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
I am also using Adguard with Edge. In the past the Adguard filters were sanatized to ensure proper functioning of websites. So with Adguard English filter and Adguard spyware filter you would have a seamless browsing experience, without broken websites or advertisements.

When using Edge you get smartscreen url block filter and when you enable Adguard's malicious sites filter you will add Chrome's safe browsing (and Yandex) to the Smartscreen, so no need to add uBlock's malware filters.

Reactions: oldschool
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.