Advice Request AdGuard Desktop & Brave Browser?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

simbatippe1234

Level 3
Thread author
Oct 14, 2021
I have had Adguard Desktop for years, but now I have been advised to try out Brave instead of Chrome as the standard browser.
How do I do that without any conflicts?, because as you all know Brave has some adblocker functions built into the browser.
long story short, I don't know how to proceed?:unsure:

Brahman

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
I have had Adguard Desktop for years, but now I have been advised to try out Brave instead of Chrome as the standard browser.
How do I do that without any conflicts?, because as you all know Brave has some adblocker functions built into the browser.
long story short, I don't know how to proceed?:unsure:
Stay with the chrome, its faster to patch the vulnerabilities, apart from that, with adguard you are not missing out on anything that Brave provides.

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
@simbatippe1234 Don't get me wrong. I have been into InfoSec both as a hobby and work in the level of above average, since 2006. I have a habit of changing my habits and what tools I use, so often I change and evaluate my needs.

• Thanks
Reactions: simbatippe1234

peterfat11

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 25, 2021
OK I will do that, but I was told that Brave is a faster browser which makes me curious, but security-wise chrome is a better choice as I understand you @JoyousBudweiser?
I don't think brave is any faster. The only thing that might effect is the blocking of ads make web pages load faster other than that I think chrome is better for patchs and some other features that brave is missing on. If you already have adguard than you don't need a adblocker anyways since it should block everything.

• Thanks

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
OK I will do that, but I was told that Brave is a faster browser which makes me curious, but security-wise chrome is a better choice as I understand you @JoyousBudweiser?
Not by much. Brave is actually one of the chromium forks that are really fast in implementing patches. So the issue that some forks have in being slow to update is the most part a non-issue with Brave.

Brahman

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
You dont get any protection against fingerprinting with regular Chrome.
For 99 % of users it doesn't make any difference. if you are using an adblocker the targeted ads won't even show, so the finger printing ultimately fails for most of the people. Oh and apart from that you are already got super finger printed by Microsoft if you are a windows user, so what difference it makes by just adding one more to an another behemoth...it's just a drop in an ocean.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.