Adguard DNS now supports DNSCrypt

Y

yigido

Thread author
Good news from Adguard DNS!

Instead of a regular client-server interaction protocol, Adguard DNS now allows you to use a specific encrypted protocol - DNSCrypt. Now all requests between your computer and Adguard DNS servers can be encrypted with secure elliptic curve cryptography to protect them from possible interception and subsequent eavesdropping and alteration by any intruder, even if it is your ISP. It needs a little configuration though.

When using common DNS server, requests are transferred through network without any encryption:

AdguardDNS.png

Now, using Adguard DNS, you will not only block ads, trackers and phishing websites, but can also protect your requests with DNSCrypt:

simpleDNS.png

Creators of DNSCrypt has already added us to the list of servers that support secure protocol. To start using Adguard DNS together with DNSCrypt you will have to install a small client application and select one of our servers in the list. You can find the links to setup guide on our website.

Logethica

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
I Installed SimpleDNSCrypt a couple of days ago,and selected Adguard DNS..
Between then and this morning I had constant problems with losing internet connection.
I have glasswire installed,and I was getting pop-ups from it sometimes 5 or more times per hour telling me that Internet connection had been lost (sometimes for a few minutes,sometimes for only a few seconds)..
I uninstalled SimpleDNSCrypt early this morning and tried just the Adguard DNS on its own,and all has been fine.
This has put me off using SimpleDNSCrypt again.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.