Advice Request AdGuard for Chrome, I use Edge, should I install it?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

amirr

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
Hi guys, I have AdGuard for Windows installed.
I use Edge Chromium.
Installed the Browser Assistant from the Windows app:
1603809619877.png

And in the Extentions tab of the Adguard for Windows, its enabled by default:
1603809761782.png

And I have AdGuard Browser assistant install on my Edge Chromium:
1603809981018.png

So with the above info, should I also install this:

Or this below for Edge?

I am confused. Thank you so much.

Also from the second screenshot above, should I enable this below?
1603810892617.png

Thank you

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
The AdGuard Assistant differs from the normal browser extension and is especially made to use with AdGuard for Windows.
So, in this case let AdGuard install the AdGuard Assistant from the chrome store (it's not in the Edge store (yet)).
Some info:

Upvote 0

amirr

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
It is on the Edge Store:

From this link, I got the link in post above:

Now should I remove the AdGuard Browser Assistant and install the above one for Edge?

Upvote 0

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
It is on the Edge Store:
This is Adguard extension not Adguard assistant.
Requoting @Gandalf_The_Grey
The AdGuard Assistant differs from the normal browser extension and is especially made to use with AdGuard for Windows.
So, in this case let AdGuard install the AdGuard Assistant from the chrome store (it's not in the Edge store (yet)).
So you don't need Adguard AdBlocker extension with Adguard desktop. You only need AdGuard Browser Assistant.

Upvote 0

amirr

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
@SeriousHoax I didnt understand your last part. You mean its better to install the AdGuard extension for Edge and keep it beside AdGuard Browser assistant? Or remove browser assistant?

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.