Adguard for Firefox open beta test

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Hello again!

Last time I've promised to present our Firefox extension in May and now it's time to do it.
We've just started Adguard for Firefox open beta test.

Few words about us and our product
1. What is Adguard for Firefox?
Adguard is an ad blocking extension for Firefox browser.

2. Why Adguard rather than ABP?
Because our extension is better, faster, easier and better-looking. Adguard is an adblocker of new generation. We don’t hold on to the code, written years ago. We listen carefully to our users and react to their wishes and suggestions.

We’ve created our own infrastructure, that includes:
+ Extensions for all popular browsers
+ Applications for Windows and soon for Mac OS, Android, iOS
+ Our own ad filters, which we support relying on feedback from users

Source

edit: doesn't work on Cyberfox, it installs but disappears from UI at next launch

Last edited by a moderator:

Myna

Level 10
Verified
Jan 16, 2014
I've been using it from yesterday and it works great. It's definitely fast. Removed Disconnect and Adblock plus.
*Not giving my final opinion though.

Reactions: El-Bainy
Y

yigido

Thread author
Thanks Umbra this is what I waiting fo ;)
and Do not worry, I will report it to Cyberfox Devs ;) He does not want upset its users :cool:

EDIT
Update:
@Umbra Polaris Beta Adguard works great with latest stable Cyberfox 28.0.1, inform to you :) I am enjoying with it now ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I

illumination

Thread author
Testing on spare computer with FF, so far it is consuming a little less memory, not really enough to dump ABP altogether..
Still testing how effective it is at its job though, will edit this post when finished.

Reactions: El-Bainy and yigido

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
The element blocking feature does not work for me in Cyberfox Stable (Intel x64).
I've resorted back to using Element Hiding Helper For Adblock Plus for now.
I believe Adguard has potential.

Thanks.

Y

yigido

Thread author
Adguard is updated today, guys please check it ;)

WF190Rl.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.