AdGuard (MV3) in Edge

Web Extensions
8 Replies 717 Views
Do you know when AdGuard (MV3) will be available in the Edge Store?


Hi, there is no exact date yet. AdGuard says its MV3 extension should reach the Edge Add-ons store by the time Microsoft’s MV2 phaseout affects regular Edge users; the remaining uncertainty concerns Microsoft’s review of updates that contain new filter versions.

What you can do meanwhile​

If you want AdGuard MV3 in Edge now, AdGuard says you can install its version from the Chrome Web Store, since Edge supports Chrome extensions.

Otherwise, waiting for the official Edge Store listing is the simpler option. The stated timing is a target tied to Microsoft’s rollout, not a confirmed release date. [1]

Sources
  1. Edge is phasing out the extension platform ad blockers ...
 
Other than this one?

Yes, that's MV2, if I'm not mistaken.
And it ends in Edge. The Store search can no longer find it, although updates to extensions that are already installed have worked so far.
 
Yes, that's MV2, if I'm not mistaken.
And it ends in Edge. The Store search can no longer find it, although updates to extensions that are already installed have worked so far.
1789619223865.png

1789619244254.png


I do not think so
The same version number as the one in Chrome store
 
I was also wondering about it yesterday. I still have MV2 installed and working on PC and Android Edge. It will be interesting to see when a new AdGuard version is released whether it auto upgrades to the MV3 version.
 
Currently I am testing this one


Effectiveness ranking: no 3 after AG and uBOL, and equal to Ghostery, and better than Adblock plus and the rest of others
Resources ranking: no 2 after uBOL
 
Thanks for the feature request. We're working on it, and we'll deploy MV3 for Edge in the very next release.
If you need MV3 for Edge immediately, go to edge://extensions/ and click You can also install extensions from the Chrome Web Store at the bottom of the page, then install the extension from CWS.
Currently I am testing this one


Effectiveness ranking: no 3 after AG and uBOL, and equal to Ghostery, and better than Adblock plus and the rest of others
Resources ranking: no 2 after uBOL
This is an Israeli extension; you don't want your device to explode like what happened in Lebanon. 🤯
 
Last edited:
Back
Top