On Sale! Adguard Premium: Lifetime Subscription

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

vertigo

Level 2
Verified
Mar 18, 2018
I've been considering this, but my concern is whether it's legitimate. For the most part it does seem to be, but I'm concerned about having the licenses revoked, in which case stacksocial wouldn't do anything, based on other cases where this has happened (one of those was with VPNLand, which appears to be very unscrupulous, and another doesn't mention what the product was). I've emailed Adguard support asking about it, but wonder if anyone here knows anything.

Reactions: AtlBo and upnorth

vertigo

Level 2
Verified
Mar 18, 2018
As a follow-up to my previous post, Adguard responded (quite quickly, though I didn't see it right away since it went to spam--I hate Yahoo) and said stacksocial is an official distribution channel of theirs. So there shouldn't be any issues; and if there are, I have the email for proof. So I guess I'll be buying it. I'd still suggest anyone to use Paypal as an extra layer of protection in case you need to dispute it with ss, as they have a lot of negative reviews regarding issues with sales.

And use promo code MMARCHSAVE for 20% off (found the offer originally, along with this promo, on slickdeals).

I'm also planning to build a Rpi with pi hole on it for whole house "cleansing."

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Thanks for sharing!

AdGuard is worth every penny, I really like this software and the support from the developers.
Stealth Mode, Custom filters, Userscript support, Browser and application agnonistic makes it a keeper.

vertigo

Level 2
Verified
Mar 18, 2018
For this you have to use the Adguard DNS server, which is free. The use of the AdGuard software for desktop with the combination of pi hole is not possible.
AdGuard DNS | Overview | AdGuard

That looks like an alternative to the AdGuard app and Pi-hole. I don't understand why I wouldn't be able to use Pi-Hole in conjunction with AdGuard (AdGuard would just catch whatever PH missed). Is there some technical reason the two wouldn't work together? Also, what's the difference between the AdGuard DNS and the app? Seems like there's no reason to use the app at all with that option, or is it not as good? And does it prevent ISPs from seeing what sites you visit?

AlanOstaszewski

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 27, 2017
That looks like an alternative to the AdGuard app and Pi-hole. I don't understand why I wouldn't be able to use Pi-Hole in conjunction with AdGuard (AdGuard would just catch whatever PH missed). Is there some technical reason the two wouldn't work together? Also, what's the difference between the AdGuard DNS and the app? Seems like there's no reason to use the app at all with that option, or is it not as good? And does it prevent ISPs from seeing what sites you visit?
1. AdGuard does not work with Linux.
2. The desktop program works better than a DNS server, but both are good.
3. To hide your activities for your ISP, you must use a VPN. Cyberghost, Windscribe, Tunnelbear and NordVPN should be familiar to you.

Last edited:

vertigo

Level 2
Verified
Mar 18, 2018
1. AdGuard does not work with Linux.
2. The desktop program works better than a DNS server, but both are good.
3. To hide your activities for your ISP, you must use a VPN. Cyberghost, Windscribe, Tunnelbear and NordVPN should be familiar to you.

I'm not talking about running AdGuard on Linux. I'm talking about setting up a Rpi with Pi-Hole on it and running that as the DNS server for the house, so all clients, no matter the OS (Windows, Linux, Android, etc) will go through that and therefore have ads removed. So if I'm running AdGuard on my Windows PC or my Android phone, AdGuard will only have to remove the ads that make it through PH. AdGuard wouldn't be working with Linux any more than it does when connecting to an internet server, most of which are running Unix or Linux. Although, now that you mention that, I didn't realize it doesn't run on Linux, and I wonder why, considering it does on Android and Mac/iOS.

Can you or someone else provide more details as to what's better about the program vs the DNS server? I've already bought it, and even if they were the same the app would still have some use (blocking ads on my phone while not at home, for example), but I'm curious.

And I'm well aware of VPNs, though I'm also aware that many of them, especially on Android, are insecure in one form or another, and often in multiple ways (i.e. IP leaking, poor/no encryption, questionable data retention policies, possibly monitoring your traffic themselves and selling your data). It would be nice if there were a simpler option for just hiding your surfing habits from the ISP but, now that I think of it, using a different DNS server wouldn't help since the traffic would still go through the ISP. The bullet point in that link you posted regarding DNS encryption with DNSCrypt is what got me thinking that. So what good is that feature, then?

Reactions: dinosaur07

vertigo

Level 2
Verified
Mar 18, 2018
Update: I just discovered Blokada, installed through F-Droid, which seems very promising. Open-source, free, and according to others has less impact on the battery than AdGuard. So maybe AdGuard was a waste of money. Oh well, at least it was cheap, and options are always good.

Also, apparently DNSCrypt is dead (What Happened to DNScrypt • r/privacy). Most of that discussion is over my head, but definitely something I want to learn more about.

Glynn

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Aug 16, 2017
Why can't I see the url to the offer?

the website layout changed, and links dissapeared, i'll see if i can find it again.

Block Ads to Optimize Your Internet Experience & Protect Your Devices From Malware
the website layout changed, and links dissapeared, i'll see if i can find it again.
unfortunately it is sold out:cry:

why did i reply to myself sigh:ROFLMAO:

just found another lifetime subscription
2018’s April, $29.99 Adguard Premium Key Lifetime Subscription

Reactions: Sana

MeltdownEnemy

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2018
I could buy a lifetime license of adguard only if they improve the intensive use of Memory.Ram and Virtual Page.File, I have seen it consuming between 300mb to 500mb without using its main parts which are: "adblocking filters, extensions, or integrated scripts" check it out the memory leak by yourself using Process Hacker.

Of this program I'm just using some flags in the tabs "stealth mode" and "network settings" because im married with the Ublock.Origin list editor.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.