33.6 KB · Views: 83

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
FRST.gif
Fix with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

icon_exclaim.gif
This fix was created for this user for use on that particular machine.
icon_exclaim.gif

icon_exclaim.gif
Running it on another one may cause damage and render the system unstable.
icon_exclaim.gif

Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop:

Both files, FRST and fixlist.txt have to be in the same location or the fix will not work!

• Right-click on
    FRST.gif
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • Press the Fix button just once and wait.
  • If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
  • When finished FRST will generate a log on the Desktop, called Fixlog.txt.

Please attach it to your reply.

Attachments

• fixlist.txt
    674 bytes · Views: 64

David1

Thread author
Verified
May 2, 2014
Thanks. I have attached the fixlog.txt file.

Attachments

• Fixlog.txt
    5 KB · Views: 79

David1

Thread author
Verified
May 2, 2014
Seems to be working now, thanks. I'll let you know if I have further issues. I noticed that the fix removed the program VerbAce from my PC, as did previous fixes for this same issue. Is this program causing a problem? I ask because it's a dictionary that I really need to have on my PC, and it never caused problems in the past. Please let me know. Thanks

David1

Thread author
Verified
May 2, 2014
Update: I'm still having the same issue with the Abode Flash Player malware. Are there further steps we could take? Thanks.

David1

Thread author
Verified
May 2, 2014
I ran the steps that solved the problem before (Zoek and MBAR) and the issue is still present, but is also on my Android. I think I may need to reset the router, which I will do tomorrow. I'll let you know if the problem persists. Thanks.

David1

Thread author
Verified
May 2, 2014
For your reference, I have attached the results of both scans. Does the PC look clean? The problem still persists, but I think I need to reset the router, which I will do tonight if the PC is otherwise clean. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• mbar-log-2014-08-10 (23-29-52).txt
    2 KB · Views: 45
  • zoek-results.log
    6.3 KB · Views: 74

David1

Thread author
Verified
May 2, 2014
I reset the router and the problem seemed to have been solved, but now it's back. Seems like a stubborn issue!! What can we do from here?

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to me or any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.