Not open for further replies.

uninfected1

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
Despite having Adguard Premium installed on my tablet, the first two or three results for many of my searches are adverts. If anyone knows why this is, and what can be done to fix it, it would be really appreciated.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Do you have "Filter unblocking useful ads" added to Adguard's list of filters? If so that'd be why.

Reactions: uninfected1

uninfected1

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
Using Google search engine.

Using the following lists:
Easy list plus Adguard English filter, spyware filter, social media filter.

Last edited:
Reactions: Prorootect

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
Adguard cannot touch HTTPS. You can install their https certificate and have them intercept your SSL....

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
I'm guessing you mean Apps Management (let me know if I'm wrong. It is selected.
Would this be the official Google app that you're searching with per chance? (That would include the Google search bar located at the top of your tablet.)

I use Adguard Premium on my smartphone and ads also appear when using Google's official app to search. I haven't found a way to remove them.
The way around this is to remove said search bar (if you can), go into widgets, find Chrome's (or whatever browser you use) search bar widget and put that there instead. Then it'll search via Chrome instead of Google's own app and ads will be filtered.

Last edited:

uninfected1

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
Would this be the official Google app that you're searching with per chance? (That would include the Google search bar located at the top of your tablet.)

I use Adguard Premium on my smartphone and ads also appear when using Google's official app to search. I haven't found a way to remove them.
The way around this is to remove said search bar (if you can), go into widgets, find Chrome's (or whatever browser you use) search bar widget and put that there instead. Then it'll search via Chrome instead of Google's own app and ads will be filtered.
I think you've summed things up very well there, but obviously it's very disappointing that Adguard is not blocking these ads. I don't see the point i having it if it's not doing what it's supposed to.

I removed the home screeen search bar some time ago and just search through Chrome.

ps @Prorootect I tried your encrypted Google but it made no difference. Still getting ads. Obviously if anyone can think of any other solutions, workarounds etc it would be really be appreciated.

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Little workaround:

First, in your Extensions page, click: Update extensions now...I have Adguard AdBlocker Chrome extension version 2.7.2 - update your AdGuard...
2° Right click on ad, then click on "Inspect" and say if it spoke about .js javascript maybe, or .gif? "Hide GIFS I'am Reading" extension is efficient on .gif ads,
3° Download Chrome extension "JavaScript Popup Blocker" if it's posible on your Android?

Which version of Chrome you have?
Could you share your links with ads here, please? Or by PM if you wish

..could you move your thread to "Browsers and Extensions" section, please (wrote PM to an moderator..)

Last edited:

uninfected1

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
I don't know why it didn't work when I tried it before but finally ads are being blocked with Adguard's HTTPS filtering enabled, so for now things seem OK. Thanks for the help guys.

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
I don't know why it didn't work when I tried it before but finally ads are being blocked with Adguard's HTTPS filtering enabled, so for now things seem OK. Thanks for the help guys.
Maybe you have updated it.
'Could you share your links with ads here, please? Or by PM if you wish'
thanks

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
It is possible to configure Adguard to always run in the background on Android? Every now and then I need to start it manually and enable protection. I have disabled the Battery Saver feature in Android for Adguard

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
It is possible to configure Adguard to always run in the background on Android? Every now and then I need to start it manually and enable protection. I have disabled the Battery Saver feature in Android for Adguard
My Adguard is always running in the background

Did you enable 'Adguard Autostart'?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.