Ads in phone apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sana

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Dec 30, 2015
I'd say yes, as I ran MBAM the other day on my Android and it had some weird malware. On the other hand, they drain your data limit, battery and CPU. :eek:

Reactions: upnorth and frogboy
D

Deleted member 2913

You could try Comodo Adblocker for IOS & Android. CAB uses local VPN & can block ads on apps, websites, etc...
Give it a try & see how it works for you.

And I guess CAB doesn't work with any VPN software working on the system. You will have to disable either & use only 1.

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Adguard + An Anti-Virus and possibly something like Malwarebytes Mobile Free without real-time protection to scan once in a while :)

L

LabZero

If it is possible, use these apps in offline mode.
In my country, by clicking on certain ADS, especially if they are contained in unofficial apps, there is a chance to stumble in the activation of payment services (premium sms, etc).

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Yes, advertisement pose security risks, cause those developers who organize the software with bundled ads are not controllable on what will happen; they just focus on revenue instead. But if you are a vigilant user then even accidentally struck on a website hence you will not accept to install any programs as first sign of trap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.