Troubleshoot Ads.yahoo/get-user-id on iPad

Crysys

Thread author
Jul 11, 2020
Hi, this keeps coming up whenever I go onto MSN on my iPad. Can you please advise how to safely get rid of it?
I’m a complete novice with this sort of thing and am fearful of doing something wrong. Many thanks.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Can you tell us more about the issue;
Is it a notification, or redirect when using Safari browser on iPad?
Does it only happen with Safari browser, or other browsers too?

Delete history, cache, and cookies
Here's how to clear information from your device:
  • To clear your history and cookies, go to Settings > Safari, and tap Clear History and Website Data. Clearing your history, cookies, and browsing data from Safari won't change your AutoFill information.
  • To clear your cookies and keep your history, go to Settings > Safari > Advanced > Website Data, then tap Remove All Website Data.
Source: Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Crysys

Thread author
Jul 11, 2020
Hi guys, thanks for replying. I only use Safari so no idea if it happens on any other. This notification appears as a whole grey page, with an icon of a folder in it with the words get-user-id to click on. I can’t get past it and won’t click on anything, just in case. I cleared the history and data but it still appears. It only occurs with MSN homepage. I hope this is helpful. Many thanks again.

Reactions: oldschool

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
This notification appears as a whole grey page, with an icon of a folder in it with the words get-user-id to click on. I can’t get past it and won’t click on anything, just in case. I cleared the history and data but it still appears.
I suspect you may need to reset your iPad, unless someone else has a better idea.

Back up your data prior to a reset. (y)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.