Advice Request Advanced - iPhone Cellular Protection Needed Specifically

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Techno Mama

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 26, 2014
Let's pretend advanced hackers (assets) are out to get me. :ROFLMAO: I have the Iphone wireless end covered the best that I can. Now what about the cellular phone and text which are still available, so I don't have to always be shutting my phone off or putting it into airplane mode?

My old phone

One time I got a weird signal over the phone, that jammed my phone and I hurriedly did an emergency hard shut off. (Nice save)

My phone which I was planning on replacing in days, got XSS in safari due to it not updating because of lack of space. Got a hello in my web email in the form of a new email started with a political email address that I would never send anything to. (Stupid me knows better to use separate browsers to log onto sites on my phone, and goofed one time.) Wiped the phone, changed passwords, reset router, etc... The works... I've been mostly plugged in vs wireless. This happened when I went cellular, off my router firewall, and changed my VPN protocol for travel.

New Phone

Last night while sleeping, I got a text message with code inside. Stupid me forgot to shut off notifications. Are there any recent vulnerabilities out there where viewing it for a fraction of a second can get me hackled? I deleted it ASAP.

This morning.... I don't remember doing this, but maybe checked it while groggy. Anyways when I opened my phone, my Tmobile Scam shield was at a screen asking if I wanted to disable it. Was this a hello? Dunno..

Iphone 12 IOS 14.4.2 5G

I use Tmobile scam shield, Sophos Intercept X, NordVPN with Cybersec and Killswitch, and Malwarebytes. I also reboot many times a day.

(The Tmobile and Malwarebytes apps don't seem to do anything for blocking texts, Scam shield and calls, yes.. The Sophos is just for wireless, and I really could use something like this to monitor my cellular connection.

Last edited:
Reactions: Venustus and Nevi

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Protecting your mobile number with How to Protect Your Phone Against a SIM Swap Attack

Restarting your iPhone multiple times a day may break functionality of some apps, or prevent them from working properly. For Android device, it's generally recommended for every other week, or if you encounter software problems - and I imagine it's the same for iPhones (iOS) devices.

A VPN is best recommended for public hotspots and travelling, and as I understand you are already covered by NordVPN. It's CyberSec blocks malware and phishing sites.

Make sure these are enabled in the iOS settings:
Scam SMS can be forwarded to your mobile operator, along with the scammers number so they can investigate and (assuming) block their numbers from the mobile network.

I use the free version of Disconnect Pro for iOS, with a subscription available to unlock all features such as a Firewall to block anything you want, over the default privacy block lists. Be aware that you cannot use both VPN profiles at the same time. You can try the free version.

FAQ: Press

I use Tmobile scam shield, Sophos Intercept X, NordVPN with Cybersec and Killswitch, and Malwarebytes. I also reboot many times a day.

(The Tmobile and Malwarebytes apps don't seem to do anything for blocking texts, Scam shield and calls, yes.. The Sophos is just for wireless, and I really could use something like this to monitor my cellular connection.
For reference, I have linked the apps you listed.
Sophos Web Filtering - Web Filtering
Sophos Wi-Fi Security - Wi-Fi Security

Feel free to share your iPhone Config in the Mobile Security Configuration

Techno Mama

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 26, 2014
Protecting your mobile number with How to Protect Your Phone Against a SIM Swap Attack

Restarting your iPhone multiple times a day may break functionality of some apps, or prevent them from working properly. For Android device, it's generally recommended for every other week, or if you encounter software problems - and I imagine it's the same for iPhones (iOS) devices.

A VPN is best recommended for public hotspots and travelling, and as I understand you are already covered by NordVPN. It's CyberSec blocks malware and phishing sites.

Make sure these are enabled in the iOS settings:
Scam SMS can be forwarded to your mobile operator, along with the scammers number so they can investigate and (assuming) block their numbers from the mobile network.

I use the free version of Disconnect Pro for iOS, with a subscription available to unlock all features such as a Firewall to block anything you want, over the default privacy block lists. Be aware that you cannot use both VPN profiles at the same time. You can try the free version.

FAQ: Press

For reference, I have linked the apps you listed.
Sophos Web Filtering - Web Filtering
Sophos Wi-Fi Security - Wi-Fi Security

Feel free to share your iPhone Config in the Mobile Security Configuration
Thank you I will review everything here today. One other question, I shut my phone off before bed, why was it back on this morning? This used to happen on my old phone too. I actually watched it turn back on one night like an hour after I shut it off. (Old phone). Is this an Iphone thing?

Reactions: Venustus

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.