Advanced SystemCare Free or Ccleaner Free?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxrandomxx

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jun 26, 2014
Which one is better? I need help choosing. Any reccomendatons would be appreciated.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Yup I have to choose Ccleaner because its way better and safe. It does not perform any damage to registry when fixing it. whereas other utilities go for a deep fixing which is not really necessary. So make a blind choice and opt CC

Reactions: xxrandomxx

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
IObit uninstaller? I use COMODO program manager. Is the IObit one any better?
CPM is similar to Iobit Uninstaller, i am using Iobit uninstaller because CPM is not compitable with windows 8, also it can be used as a portable version.

M

MalwareT

CCleaner+Auslogics Disk Defrag+Auslogics Registry Cleaner+Revo Uninstaller/IObit Uninstaller is good enough to maintain pc in good shape.
CCleaner,Disk Defrag,Revo and IObit are also portable.

xxrandomxx

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jun 26, 2014
Try if for yourself and decide

I did just try it in my VM but after uninstalling Nitro Pro 9, IObit Uninstaller told me the program left behind zero files, folders, and registry entries. Zero. I know for a fact Nitro PDF 9 left behind more than nothing because CPM had the install monitored and told me exactly what was left behind, which I went and verified myself, e.g. Nitro PDF folder in ProgramData. But it uninstalled other programs cleanly, like DT Lite and NFOpad.

CCleaner+Auslogics Disk Defrag+Auslogics Registry Cleaner+Revo Uninstaller/IObit Uninstaller is good enough to maintain pc in good shape.
CCleaner,Disk Defrag,Revo and IObit are also portable.

I do use Auslogics disk defrag and Registry cleaner. And I think I'm going to choose Ccleaner.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Reactions: MalwareT

kaljukass

Level 2
May 17, 2012
Would you have so little space that they both isn't possible install?
Both are useful and they complement each other.

Cowpipe

Level 16
Verified
Well-known
Jun 16, 2014
Advanced System Care like so many other system optimizers and registry cleaners performs 'fixes' on your registry which are considered risky.

For example they tend to remove empty registry keys believing them to be unused, when in actual fact some piece of software you run or the system comes to depend on that key, weeks or months later and of course when it's gone, it can cause errors or even crashing. For example a file extension keys are often removed, meaning suddenly you find you can't open those particular files by double clicking on them. And considering the way the registry is accessed, even removing 700 keys amounts to a next to nothing increase in performance and stability.

CCleaner on the other hand, in my experience, only removes so called 'safe keys'. For example, the registry key containing a path to an uninstaller, either the file that the path points to exists or it doesn't, and in the latter case, it's considered safe to remove. Though again, any speed boost or stability benefits are in nearly every case a placebo. It's an included feature because users want it, not because they need it.

D

Deleted member 21043

There are many reports that IObit package malware and/or adware in their products so if you want to take that risk, go with IObit products. If you want to be safe and have the best option go for CCleaner (CCleaner is probably better made anyway, and faster in my opinion).

Also, shouldn't trust IObit; they were caught stealing Malwarebytes database a few years ago and they tried to blame it on their customers, too. I know, shocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.