Afraid to install any software

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MalwareT

Thread author
Hi everyone, i have a dumb question (it's not me) about installing any program. I have a cousin which has bad luck in computers (his OS crashed 4 times). Because of those crashes he's now afraid to install any software, in fear that software will crash his OS, especially Camtasia Studio . Sounds a little dumb, but i cant believe that what he's saying. He has installed small amount of programs, and most of them are portable.

D

Deleted member 21043

Thread author
Create System Restore Points and try those when it crashes or goes bad.
Keep a USB with the Windows installation so you can launch the recovery files etc. Find the boot shortcut to enter recovery for that manufacturer (for example on Acer computers like my old one I could press ALT + F11 on boot before the windows logo and it would boot Acers recovery so I could reinstall or fix things). Or keep the Windows installation CD*.

Be aware of what you download and install. Download and visit trusted websites/files. Have a Internet Security like Emsisoft Internet Security 9 (one of the best behavior blockers in my opinion) with File Guard enabled and PUP detection to notify him of Potentially Unwanted Programs. Have the network firewall enabled to prevent hackers etc.

Don't download random junk or visit dodgy websites.

Reactions: MalwareT
M

MalwareT

Thread author
Thanks everybody, i'm using O&O DiskImage 7 Pro, maybe i'll install it on his pc too.

software182

Level 12
Verified
Mar 4, 2014
Mint is easier for beginners ^^

+1
fit.gif

Reactions: MalwareT
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.