After factory reset, malware is still there.

MarshallLeeTheVampireKing

Thread author
Oct 15, 2016
I accidentally installed a malware. It was from an app that rewards you with gift cards. I know it was stupid. The app I installed was like a clean master but with a red logo and it's full of incorrect grammar. Last night ads started popping up. I noticed apps without icon on the app drawer. I uninstalled everything that I installed that day. I also deleted the apks that is in my sd card even though I did not download it. The apps kept installing themselves, so I had no choice but to factory reset it in recovery. After the reset, Location Sevices keeps popping up for split seconds. And after a while, the screen would go white and show "loading launcher" and I could only mess with the notification toolbar. I reset it again and removed the sd card but it still does it. I hope someone here could help me.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I think try to reset the firmware OS see if the threats may occur again. Download on Acer website itself.

Another thing check your Playstore account first, cause the apps you download may install automatically which you can remove from the list.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.