Agnitium Outpost Firewall is dead

Have you used Outpost Firewall before?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
On Mar. 1 the Agnitum website and support close down.
Agnitum quit business and development. Outpost support and updates ended on January 9. You still got a chance to migrate
to Kaspersky Internet Security for free! The migration deadline has been extended up to Feb. 28, 2017. This is the last call!
Visit the migration page now to ensure continuous protection!

Tomorrow, Feb 28, Agnitum is closing its web site, email and this forum.

We, the staff of the forum, wish everyone who participated here very best. Thank you for playing a part. It's been fun while it lasted.

Thanks, good bye and see you around the internet!

Another decent firewall went down.

Comodo is the only survivor of the top 3 standalone FWs : Online Armor, Comodo FW and Outpost

Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
Another decent firewall went down.

Comodo is the only survivor of the top 3 standalone FWs : Online Armor, Comodo FW and Outpost
Maybe it was right that they'd added more than the firewall to it. Sometimes we can only adapt even simply because many are not willing to.

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
I thought Agnitum stopped the development of their products already more than a year ago, or was that only their Outpost free antivirus?
There is also still ZoneAlarm firewall next to Comodo ;)

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
I don't know the reasons of that but I can imagine.
A technology that gains a reference position of a sector such as IT security, tends to acquiring the competitors (you see Avast and AVG). And, in fact, it is difficult to prevent this happens, business is business.

erreale

Level 9
Verified
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Oct 22, 2016

You're forgetting that they have been abandoned / Discontinued other firewall/hips perhaps better than those cited: Malware Defender, System Safety Monitor, ProSecurity and EQSecure.

Reactions: AtlBo

amir 957

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
Bad news:(
I used it never
But i know people that were using outspot and they should migrate now
Now the best Firewall in the market is Comodo Firewall (in my opinion)

Circe

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jul 3, 2013
Yes I have used it in the past, I had a lifetime license. I loved it. Using CF (tweaked) at the moment.

S

Sr. Normal 2.0

Thread author

I'm sorry that another referent disappears. :(

On the other hand, I do not agree with you, boring or not, we have ZoneAlarm, as well @kev216 said and we are not remembering PrivateFirewall, IMO, other great firewall that has said goodbye.

I have had those firewalls on many computers, since my XP years and whenever I installed an OS, I installed one of those options. My favorite was Online Armor Free, but I used Agnitum on numerous occasions.

Now, i feel old and sad as when I saw that in my neighborhood, the building of the billiards, where I played in my childhood and adolescence, now has become a restaurant of a well-known multinational. :(

Three excellent firewalls have fallen and there is no relay for them

Edit: Now i see @Av Gurus also spoke of PrivateFirewall

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
I will tell honestly , home users using computers at home won't need a FW. You have your NAT router to protect you. You need a software based FW if you are doing sensitive operations in a public network...which i don't recommend.
FWs were made originally to block unwanted inbound connections. With time outbound connections were added (since the rises of keyloggers, RAT, etc...).

Windows FW on Wn10 is good to protect you if are using the advanced settings, however it can be a real pain to beginners for creating rules. It is why you have GUI replacement made for it (Binisoft WFC, etc...) to detect & block outbound connections.

erreale

Level 9
Verified
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Oct 22, 2016
I will tell honestly , home users using computers at home won't need a FW. You have your NAT router to protect you. You need a software based FW if you are doing sensitive operations in a public network...which i don't recommend.
FWs were made originally to block unwanted inbound connections. With time outbound connections were added (since the rises of keyloggers, RAT, etc...).

Windows FW on Wn10 is good to protect you if are using the advanced settings, however it can be a real pain to beginners for creating rules. It is why you have GUI replacement made for it (Binisoft WFC, etc...) to detect & block outbound connections.

On the usefulness of a FW I agree with you, but on the part of Hips outpost must say it was really a very good product. I honestly do not understand the utility of acquiring it to make it disappear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.