Status
Not open for further replies.

arsenaloyal

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Aug 6, 2012
Agnitum licenses firewall technology to Avast

Parts of Outpost firewall and protocol parsing technologies are embedded into Avast’s comprehensive Internet Security solution

St. Petersburg, Russia — December 6, 2012. Agnitum, the PC security expert and manufacturer of the Outpost range of security products, is glad to announce a licensing contract with a prominent antivirus vendor Avast Software. Avast now takes advantage of Outpost’s best-of-breed firewall technology for the purpose of its all-in-one security product.

AVAST logoAgnitum’s technology now available to the licensee involves personal firewall, attack detection, parsing of HTTP as well as POP3, SMTP and IMAP protocols.

Given the complexity and diversity of today’s threats, users need protection that controls the main propagation route — their Internet connection. Zero-day threats, one of the newest and most difficult to detect, are becoming more frequent, and an appropriate response must be in place for users to have adequate security when they go online.

Agnitum is one the leading technology licensors in the security industry. Its technologies are being currently employed by top market players. The company has provided flexible opportunities for third-party licensing, offering antivirus, firewall or proactive protection modules either as a rebranded solution or based on the SDK since the year 2000. Among the major benefits offered by Agnitum’s licensing program are best-of-breed preventive mechanisms, native compatibility with both 32- and 64-bit Windows, reduced time-to-market, and smooth operation of the technology core in a third-party environment.

AVAST Software, the makers of avast! Antivirus, protects over 170 million users around the world, and has integrated Outpost’s firewall and content filtering technology into its all-in-one Internet security solution.

"Agnitum’s personal firewall technology has long been the standard by which others are judged, and we are pleased to be able to enhance our users’ Internet security protection with this proven solution", comments Ondrej Vlcek, CTO at Avast.
About Agnitum

Founded in 1999, Agnitum Ltd. (www.agnitum.com) has been committed to delivering and supporting high-quality, easy to use security software for over a decade. Agnitum’s commercial solutions for the home market are Outpost Firewall Pro and Outpost Antivirus Pro, securing personal and family computers; and Outpost Security Suite — an all-in-one Internet security solution. Dedicated to global e-security, Agnitum also offers free versions of Outpost Firewall and Outpost Security Suite to secure users’ system, network connections and critical data. Outpost Network Security ensures centrally-manageable endpoint protection and reliable performance for SMBs, and Outpost Antivirus Service provides antivirus protection via monthly subscription to 150,000 ISP subscribers.

For more information and to request review copies of Outpost Pro, please contact:

Agnitum International PR

http://www.agnitum.com/news/2012-12-06-agnitum-firewall-technology-avast.php

Good News for Avast users! One of the best firewalls!

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
I wished it explained more in details which parts of the firewall technology will be used.

I do agree Outpost is one of the best firewall protocols available.

So I guess Avast Internet Security will be using both their in-house technology along with Outpost.

Thanks.:D

arsenaloyal

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Aug 6, 2012
Very few people know this but, popular softwares like AVG,Sophos,Lavasoft Bullguard Etc use Agnitum's firewall technology in their products.

More Info here

http://www.agnitum.com/about/partners.php

tipo

Level 8
Well-known
Jul 26, 2012
good news. avast is gettin` better and better every day, right?

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
I know that all of the afore mentioned products use Agnitum.
Its good news for avast users.
U missed that even Quickheal but the server edition uses it.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Very good firewall and always have had very generous free license giveaways

P

Plexx

tipo said:

They are heading the right direction once they sort out the messy wardrobe they currently have which is called version 7.

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Umbra Corp. said:
the question is when it will be included ?

Prob version 8 or late 7.x

But I didn't see this coming, AIS is just going to become even greater :D

arsenaloyal

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Aug 6, 2012
Agnitum is probably the only company that offers a true lifetime license for their firewall.

I think they have a discount for 3 user lifetime license, worth paying for IMO. I know because i have been using the firewall for past 6 years without any problems :D

Might be a little difficult to use for novice/non-tech users though !

@ malbky i did not miss it,but just mentioned the major companies :D the link below has the entire list.

tipo

Level 8
Well-known
Jul 26, 2012
Biozfear said:
tipo said:

They are heading the right direction once they sort out the messy wardrobe they currently have which is called version 7.
agree! don`t like at all that sandbox or the behavior blocker. it seems that they`re not doing what they`re supposed to do...

woomera

Level 7
Verified
Jan 15, 2012
good news indeed, maybe guys at avast finally be able to fix the problem agnitum couldnt for long time now and lower the I/O usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.