Question Antivirus comparison

General Security Discussions
16 Replies 3,046 Views
Help answer the author's question with clear explanations and useful steps.

anirbandutta01

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
I want to know that Avast / AVG / Avira which paid product should I use for best protection ? Which one provides Overall best protect & performance? Avast Premium Security / AVG Internet Security / Avira Antivirus Pro. Kindly give your valuable feedback. Thanks in advance.
 
Last edited:
All three - Avast Premium Security, AVG Internet Security, and Avira Antivirus Pro - offer robust protection. However, Avast stands out for its additional features like a password manager and a secure browser. AVG is known for its performance optimization tools, while Avira has a strong focus on privacy. Choose based on your specific needs. Always ensure your system meets the antivirus software requirements to avoid installation issues like with Kaspersky.
 
I want to know that Avast / AVG / Avira which paid product should I use for best protection ? Which one provides Overall best protect & performance? Avast Premium Security / AVG Internet Security / Avira Antivirus Pro. Kindly give your valuable feedback. Thanks in advance.
Go with Avast Premium Security; you can get it for just 1 PC/2 years at 399 Rs ($5) Amazon. I have used it; performance and protection are great. You can look at @Shadowra tests for protection results.
Some tips to avoid Avast ads like offer banners:
Go to the Avast app. Menu > Settings > General > Notifications> Pop-up Notifications treatment [Now select the Limited Mode option.]
Go to Avast app > Menu > Settings > General > Personal Privacy > Offers. [Now unselect both of them in the offers section.]
 
You can look at @Shadowra tests for protection results.

Season 9 Thank You GIF by The Office
 
Also, look at system impact and cost.

For free versions, I think Avast is the most complete for features while Kaspersky is the lightest in terms of system impact.

For paid versions, I think Kaspersky can be purchased for a low price. That is, you look for promos in various stores, buy a serial, turn on a free VPN like UrbanVPN and set to the country of origin of the store, and then paste the serial in the AV to activate it. After that, you can turn off the VPN.

For example, I found a promo for Kaspersky Standard, three devices, one year, for less than US$12.

If you find similar for other AVs and the means to stack serials, you can probably do something like that.

In the future, if you decide to continue using the paid version after the serial you buy expires, you can look for a new one, or just let the AV revert to the free version.
 
I bought Avast Premium Security for 3 years / 10 devices for 15 USD from eBay then I did a custom install where I selected nothing but the file shield (don't need anything else). It's super light and after setting the notifications to limited, no more offers/popups
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top