aitaobao icon on desktop... What is it?

Melisa

Thread author
Nov 1, 2015
There was a icon showed up on my desktop by itself, which is called aitaobao, and then i removed the icon plus its files, it came back after few mins by itself, ran avira full scan nothing found, Malwarebytes full scan nothing found....what can i do now....i really need to help..

Last edited by a moderator:

Poussiere

Nov 21, 2015
I keep remove it but didn't work.
I don't really know why it comes back all the time while it's just a Chinese website for shopping..

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@Melisa: Seems you are infected with an adware based/PUP as AiTaoBao known to be bundled a lot of unknown programs which may alter your browsing settings.

Highly insist to make a current thread from removal section as mentioned, but try to download some scanners and clear all of your browser settings, also check your proxy settings that needs to be clear of.

Reactions: qftest

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.