Akschith Bhagavatula's Security Configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloud9

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 22, 2015
Hello Everyone!! This is my current Security Configuration. I use free software for my security . I don't know if this is a good or bad decision. I would like to hear your opinion on this. Also i am very open to any suggestions you guys have for me. If you find any weak points in my security config, please let me know. I will be sure to fix them! I do have experience with computers but i am certainly not a pro especially when it comes to security. so i really appreciate the input. Thanks in advance !! :D

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Consider some type of system backup solution such as Macrium Reflect or AOMEI Backupper both of which have good free versions.
Consider a password manager other than the browser password manager.
I edited your config:
  1. Removed Malwarebytes Antimalware Free from real time protection as the free version has none
  2. Removed AVAST Free from on demand as your real time protection is not an on demand scanner
Consider adding an additional on demand scanner(s).

Apart from the lack of a system backup you have a secure Windows 10 config.
Thanks for sharing it with us :)

JHomes

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2016
As has been mentioned, consider a backup solution.

Recommend two pronged data backup (Rollback Rx) and system backup (Macrium Reflect) both are free so this shouldn't cost you anything to implement aside from the storage media for the system backup.

Cloud9

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 22, 2015
Just added the emsisoft emergency kit as per your suggestion @Deletedmessiah . thank you for your input. As for my data backup software i now use Rollback rx home version. thanks for letting me know of rollback rx @JHomes . As for a system backup system , i have never used one before. can anyone elaborate more on what exactly a system backup does ? Thanks for the info in advance. :)

JHomes

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2016
Just added the emsisoft emergency kit as per your suggestion @Deletedmessiah . thank you for your input. As for my data backup software i now use Rollback rx home version. thanks for letting me know of rollback rx @JHomes . As for a system backup system , i have never used one before. can anyone elaborate more on what exactly a system backup does ? Thanks for the info in advance. :)

You're welcome. Rollback has saved my bacon plenty of times.

Data Backups are great for backing up your OS and it's data, but it's not backing up your actual system. So if you had a hardware failiure, typically a data backup will no recover from it, but because it doesnt have to, that means it's a lot faster. With Rollback as an example, it takes seconds to reload the OS after an issue.

System backup is more traditional disk imaging, it backs up your entire system so if you have say a hardware failiure, or anything that Rollback can't recover from, then you just restore from that instead.

With both, you're essentially 100% protected, and depending on how you configure your backups, you can keep data loss to an extremely cool minimum!

EDIT: Forgot that Horizon DataSys (developers of Rollback) have their own System backup tool, since you're using Rollback, you might as well get it for full compatibility: Drive Cloner Rx | PC Time Machine Windows System Restore Software

Reactions: Daljeet

Daljeet

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jun 14, 2017
Using browser password manager is not recommended from my side. And i suggest you a firewall.

Thanks for sharing :)

Last edited:
Reactions: frogboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.