AlexBK's security config

Alex BK

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 23, 2015
Been using Panda for the extremely low impact on system resources, it is definitely a good piece of software. I use MBAM once per week and I feel very safe. ABP is for these messy websites full of ads. With my config you should have both protection and performance.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
I would like to suggest some form of backup software such as Aomei Backupper or Macrium Reflect both of which have a very good free version. ;)

if you do not have a portable HDD give Aomei One Key a look. :)

Alex BK

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 23, 2015
I would like to suggest some form of backup software such as Aomei Backupper or Macrium Reflect both of which have a very good free version. ;)

if you do not have a portable HDD give Aomei One Key a look. :)

I used to have a backup program but the time passed and I realized that I don't really need backup. I'm not doing fancy stuff on my real machine, only in a VM... The things that i really need are stored on a cloud drive from MEGA.nz, really cool service.

If the catastrophe happens, well I have everything that I need uploaded on a cloud drive.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
I used to have a backup program but the time passed and I realized that I don't really need backup. I'm not doing fancy stuff on my real machine, only in a VM... The things that i really need are stored on a cloud drive from MEGA.nz, really cool service.

If the catastrophe happens, well I have everything that I need uploaded on a cloud drive.
Fair enough then. ;)

D

Deleted member 178

Approved by Staff

2s9jymOt.jpg

Reactions: Alex BK

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
What browsers are you running? You could replace ABD with uBlock and add HTTPS Everywhere

Alex BK

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 23, 2015
I'm running Firefox and ABP is just the right thing, it works, why should I replace it if it works?

M

Mr. Tech

Adblock Plus allows 'non-intrusive' ads + another adblocker such as uBlock Origin take's up a lot less computer resources when in use.

I suggest adding On-demand scanners such as: Emsisoft Emergency Kit, herdProtect

Also consider adding two more cleaners: MPC Cleaner, PrivaZer

Alex BK

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 23, 2015
Adblock Plus allows 'non-intrusive' ads + another adblocker such as uBlock Origin take's up a lot less computer resources when in use.

I suggest adding On-demand scanners such as: Emsisoft Emergency Kit, herdProtect

Also consider adding two more cleaners: MPC Cleaner, PrivaZer

OK I get the thing with non-intrusive ads... But why should I add more cleaners and stuff if my PC is alright and there's no need for them? Only to have them sitting in the PC with no role? Like wow, there are 3 things for cleaning, 5 for this, 7 for that... I don't get it... Why should I install a lot of things if 3 things keep my pc fresh and alive ?

M

Mr. Tech

OK I get the thing with non-intrusive ads... But why should I add more cleaners and stuff if my PC is alright and there's no need for them? Only to have them sitting in the PC with no role? Like wow, there are 3 things for cleaning, 5 for this, 7 for that... I don't get it... Why should I install a lot of things if 3 things keep my pc fresh and alive ?

Because maybe CCleaner doesn't clean everything from the PC? MPC Cleaner not only cleans the PC but it protects it from ads - and it optimizes the computer. PrivaZer erases the tracks that are left deep inside the computer that other cleaners don't erase.

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Hi, it is a good config, I suggest you to add BitDefender 60 second virus scanner, which it is fast and it runs in background.
Thanks for sharing it ;)

Reactions: frogboy

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
You may extend the CCleaner capabilities with CCEnhancer. ;) Other than that its already a fine configuration.

Also its up to you for considering to upgrade for Windows 10 as long it meets to your needs.

Reactions: JM Safe

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.